+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Open debridement  (Read 4673 times)

mickymoko

Open debridement
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »
Have been informed that on going problem with psoas tendon post HR is being caused by bone spur on anterior rim of acetabular which is causing constant inflammation.Have been offered Open debridement but would prefer arthroscopy as recovery period is much quicker.Anyone any experienceof Open debridement and ensuing recovery issues.

Kingrob

Re: Open debridement
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:47:07 PM »
I had arthroscopy procedure done on my hip in 2010 to grind down bone spur and repair/debride the labrum. I am now getting it resurfaced. If you have bone on bone there is no procedure to fix it. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:53:34 PM by Kingrob »

mickymoko

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:01:48 PM »
Hi Kingrob,Ivehada full BHR in November 2013 but suffered constant groin pain which was diagnosed as psoas tendon inflammation caused buy Osteophytes on acetabular rimconstantly irritating the tendon I have gon through all conservative treatments,rst NSAID ,PT and steroid injection but nothing has worked. I was hoping for an Arthroscopyto remove bone spurs ut have only been offered Open debridement which means a recovery period similar to full Hip Resurfacing. I was wondering if any body has experienced a similar procedureand if the recovery period actually was that long.

blinky

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
Hmm. I don't have any experience with this problem, but will ask you two questions: 1) is there a doctor near you who does lots of hip scopes? That seems to be what you are looking for. Are you able to talk to different docs and make a choice between them? I ask because you seem to live in England. 2) would one approach or the other lead to a more long term solution?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat