+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Right hip resurfaced 08/2016  (Read 3829 times)

Matt428

Right hip resurfaced 08/2016
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »
I had my right hip resurfaced one month ago and feel really great.  Dr Su and his staff are incredible and really care about the people they are treating. After surgery I never felt pain, just soreness. The first thing I noticed was what happened when I would sneeze. Pre surgery whenever I sneezed I would brace myself for intense pain and often hold the sneeze in. Right after the surgery I sneezed and felt nothing. I knew at that point getting this surgery was the right choice. I was on crutches with PT the following day and was discharged later that day. I took the pain meds only a handful of times the first week basically to help me sleep ( I toss and turn a lot and was nervous about the incision).

By week three I was done to one crutch, able to drive short distances and started outpatient PT. At my one month follow up, Dr Su said everything is looking good and gave me the 4 flexibility workouts I have started doing. These are tough but I'm getting them done. I just have to remember that they get better over time. I'm starting to ride my bike short distances and it feels great. I'm going to join my local YMCA and start walking the pool and swimming breaststroke.

I'm excited for the future and can feel a positive change in my emotional state. I used to be very active surfing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, etc but my arthritis grew so severe that it limited me from doing the things that made me smile. This surgery feels like I've been given a second chance and couldn't be more thankful.

blinky

Re: Right hip resurfaced 08/2016
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
The sneeze test! I love it.

MattJersey

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:15:35 PM »
Great to read Matt, delighted for you. it's great reading these stories of the joy at discovering the post-HR-pain-free life, and it always reminds me of my rebirth last year. It is truly fantastic. Best wishes for continued joy with your discoveries.

28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Matty S

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »
Awesome! Great to hear …..

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat