+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: On going PSOAS tendonitis.  (Read 3541 times)

Ljpviper

On going PSOAS tendonitis.
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:27:48 AM »
Hello I wanted to start a he thread, and get everyone's opinion. I have been dealing with PSOAS tendonitis on and off since my first scope in Jan-2011. I had hip HR with Dr. Gross April 2016.

Well every time I ramp up activities in comes back with a vengance. I have tried PT, ART, etc . My joint and range are great on the HR hip. Unfornately the PSOAS tendonitis locks up your complete hip and I am a back to square one after any excersise. Here are my 3 options I believe.

-- multiple cortisone shots in PSOAS/bursa
-- PSOAS tendonitis lengthening not keen on this as I have heard mixed results.
-- try to visit a new Surgeon group and get there option.

Going on 7 years is way too long I am at my wits end. Sorry for the rant. Any suggestion welcome.

Regards,

Larry

Coby Taylor

Re: On going PSOAS tendonitis.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:29:17 AM »
Hey Larry ,

I had mine done 10 months ago .  I’ve been pretty active now the surgeon said I can go back to everything 100%. Has been fine but now if I try to lift my leg above 90 degrees it hurts . Do you think this might be psoas?
Do injections loosen it up . I surf so it’s my front foot and it catches when I jump to my feet . Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Coby

Ljpviper

Re: On going PSOAS tendonitis.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 05:32:51 AM »
Hello Coby,

That definately sounds like a psoas issue. You have the classic symptoms.

Since the muscle is so large and used for so many movements is causes all sorts of issues. You can start with an injection if rest does not solve it.

Good luck,

Larry

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat