Smith & Nephew BHR Brimingham Hip Resurfacing

+-

Author Topic: My 5yr Bi-Lat Anniversary  (Read 558 times)

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
My 5yr Bi-Lat Anniversary
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:57:16 PM »
I seem to only read this forum on my anniversary! I guess that's a good thing.

Finished off last season on the MTB in 3rd Cat 3 50+. I've ridden 2,077 mi and climbed 129K Ft this year and will be over 7,000 mi total soon on the MTB post Bi Lat. I'll be moving to Cat 2, new goal is to be mid pack.

Still riding and racing the dirt bike too, scored a couple 2nds, 3rds and 4th place finishes last year but my consistency earned me 1st in Over 50A for the season. This coming year has seen a bunch of faster guys join the 50 class so I'll be lucky to be in top 5.

I seem to enjoy the MTB over the dirt bike as I can still improve on the MTB, I've topped out on the dirt bike.

Love being on two wheels!
Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
Re: My 5yr Bi-Lat Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:06:01 AM »
Holy cow, Dr. Gross webs site published my success story, check it out:

http://www.grossortho.com/about-us/success-stories

I'm the guy on the orange dirt bike!
Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

Quig

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:20 AM »
Go Gene GO!!! Congrats on the milestone and here's to many more mtb races and climbing the ranks! Awesome job.  8)
Bilateral Hip Resurfacing by Dr. Thomas Gross
  -Right Hip; April 11, 2016
  -Left Hip; April 13, 2016

packman

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Great accomplishment Gino!
Thanks for sharing and good luck in the new category
Bilateral 99.9% Canadian,.1% USA re; BHRP (right) -3/21/13 Biomet uncemented - Dr. Gross / Lee Webb Columbia South Carolina
BHRP standard uncemented Dr Emil Schemitsch sept 25/17
London Ontario Canada
Damn Osteoarthritis!!

gasyz

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
Thats ace news.Seems even better when we accomplish our goals with all the problems we've been through.keep it up and good luck.
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Mission Statement
Surface Hippy presents information about hip resurfacing. It does not provide medical advice.
It is designed to support, not to replace, the relationship between patient and clinician.
Advertising - Revenue from this site is derived from commercial advertising and individual donations. Any advertisement is distinguished by the word "advertisement"
Privacy - Surface Hippy does not share email addresses or personal information with any group or organization.
Content - Surface Hippy is not controlled or influenced by any medical companies, doctors or hospitals.
All content is controlled by Patricia Walter - Joint Health Sites LLC 2005 - 2018 Web design by Patricia Walter.

Hip TalkModeration

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis by Patricia Walter.

The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that this forum is public and any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderator to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc..) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

Please keep your comments positive and polite. If you have a disagreement with another forum member, moderator or the site owner; please use the the private message feature of this forum or email the member. We try to avoid emotional conflicts on the discussion group and we will do so by removing posts and banning those that cause problems.

The moderator reserves the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Ads

Donate via Pay Pal

Paid Advertisements