+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: follow-up doctor in US  (Read 2931 times)

joyjoyjoy

follow-up doctor in US
« on: September 07, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »
Hi -- I'm planning to go to India.  Those of you who have gone to Dr. Bose, did you have a doctor here in the states to follow-up with afterwards?  I asked Dr. Bose and he replied I would send the xrays to him but what if I need to see a doctor? 

Joy

Vicky

Re: follow-up doctor in US
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »
Hi Joy,

I have just seen my local primary care doc to get my x-rays and order PT when I needed it.  I have not had any need to see a doctor for my hip.  Dr. Bose is great at responding to emails so after surgery if you have questions you can email him and he usually responds within 24 hours if he is in town.  I have not heard of anyone that went to Dr. Bose that ever needed to see an ortho here after having had surgery with him.  You should join the India surface hippy site and read all the posts from many of Dr. Bose patients.

Vicky

umijin

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »
For some reason my browser has not been able to display this spreadsheet properly. Any chance you can put it in another format?

trirun2

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:39:35 PM »
Hi, Just signed on to your site and not doing to good.  I am trying to find out if any of you have had hip surgery with Kaiser?  I can't afford to go to India, etc.    Would like to here your experiences
Trirun2

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:04 PM »
Hi

This discussion group is still small and I doubt you will get an answer from anyone that is in the Kaiser insurance program. There is a very large discussion group called  Yahoo Surface Hippy Discussion Group of over 6000+ members  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/surfacehippy/   I know some people on that group have had hip resurfacing surgery in the Kaiser program - I think.

I would join it and ask the same question.  Be ready to receive over 100 emails a day from that group. It is best to set up a folder on your email service to send the mail to or it gets all mixed with your regular email.  You can also just elect to go to the Yahoo website and read the mail or get an condensed version of all the replies.  There is a lot of help there and many very supportive people.

I am sorry that I can't give you more information.

Pat in Ohio
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM