+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Back to work  (Read 2043 times)

wayne-0

Back to work
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:41:02 AM »
Its been 11 weeks and I finally went back to work today. I could have gone back 5 weeks ago but since my job is very labor intensive I waited a little longer so that all the good stuff my doc did, did not get reversed. I work construction (concrete, masonry and tile) and lift heavy loads and alot of bending down to do tile work. Today I must have gotten up and down from the floor at least two hundred times and I'm doing pretty good. I did get a little sore in the legs but it was all muscel soreness. I feel that 11 weeks post op is still fairly early in the recovery process and if I feel this good I can just imagine how things will be in 3 more months. Keep you all posted.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Todd

Re: Back to work
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »
Congratulations Wayne-O!  Muscle soreness is a good feeling isn't it?  A great reminder that you earned your money for the day.  Even now, when I bend or move in a way that  I couldn't before surgery, I just have to shake my head in disbelief that the pain in the joint is gone.  I had forgotten what pain-free had felt like. 
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »
Good news Wayne !!  So surfing is next ?  Trails has been perfect for longboarding lately, took this last week, I haven't tried to surf yet but have been doing alot of walking the dog on the beach and its consistantly fun and clean and pretty much empty :o :D 8)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:34:28 AM by B.I.L.L. »

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
Wayne,

Very proud of you, taking both resurfacings there so you could get back to work!
I know how good it must feel to carry something heavy and to feel all stable and not in that pain like before surgery.  I have been so happy when I am working away and think of how I can do what I do and without pain like before.

Bill, again-nice pictures!  I need to find me a camera, got some temptation moments over here, and the dogs I have love posing for the camera too...I have Weds off so I am planning to be at the beach all day, gonna take my brand new Jimmy Lewis kiteboard for a spin, its perfect weather here and windy!  I want to post a picture too.. 8).

I will have a beer for you guys, Aloha,
Eric

John C

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
Hey Bill,
That is one beautiful wave. Can you share where Trails is located?

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

wayne-0

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »
Thanks Eric,Bill and Todd. Bill that must be trail one? I haven't surfed yet. I have been trying to practice jumping up to my feet from a prone position and my left leg( that was the worse one of the two) is still a little tight in the groin area so I can't get it all the way to the front of the board yet so I gonna keep stretching and hopefully by the end of Feb. I'll be there. We'll see. John that wave is just south of Trestles. Eric hope the wind starts blowing perfectly consistent when your ready to charge. Bill I am working on that house again above t street on vista marina (top of street). If your close come by and say hi, I'll be there for at least another month. You'll know me because I'm the guy who walks without a limp   Ha Ha Ha

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 01:27:08 AM »
Hey Wayne, thats trail 4.   John, yes trails is south of trestles, its actually part of San Onofre state park, but south of the regular "San Onofre Surf beach".  Its the overnight camping area south of the powerplant.  Right now there is no overnight camping until summer, it costs 10 bucks to get in if you don't have an annual pass (we do), and the waves are never quite as good as the spots to the north so (knock on wood ha ha) hardly anyone goes down there.  Sandy bottom beachbreak zero consequence waves, should be a good spot to get back into it, easy to ride and no one to laugh  :D :D
We have been walking the dog down there and its been just us or 2 or 3 other people lately, good stuff !!  Check it out,

Eric, Kite surfing looks fun but also looks like alot of work :D :D  Let us know how it went and post some pics if you can.  My wife and daughter went in and got me a good camera for Christmas this year so I take it with me and take pictures of anything and everything all day now, never had a good camera before and its turning out to be a pretty fun toy/hobby, I'm getting addicted to taking pictures. Got a
good sunset at the pier last friday, 

Maybe I'll take a picture of Wayne tomorrow  :o.....ha ha, See Ya, Bill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM