+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Supercross  (Read 5978 times)

B.I.L.L.

Supercross
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:37:02 AM »
Anybody in here following it this year ?  Going to Anaheim 3 this weekend. I'll post a report if anyone is interested.  Looks like it might be a mudder !!  Rain predicted thurs-sat.

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
Re: Supercross
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »
Bill,

Dare you to flash your scar when the camera pans out on the crowd...lol

I enjoy watching them go at it.  Bubba or Chad?  Its always exciting to watch the sport.

Have fun while down there.
Eric

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:45:17 AM »
Bill,

Dare you to flash your scar when the camera pans out on the crowd...lol

I enjoy watching them go at it.  Bubba or Chad?  Its always exciting to watch the sport.

Have fun while down there.
Eric

Yeah look for me I'll be the guy with 2 buttcracks  :D  Rained at the stadium today and more predicted for tommorow so it might be a little sloppy come racetime.  I hope Reed can get a win so he dosen't have a nervous breakdown, and we can have an actual series long points battle in the fo-fity's.   Wouldn't mind seeing Villopoto take a win either, we shall see.   Any predictions ?  I'll go out on a limb and say Reed, Villopoto, Stewart, then Josh Grant in the 450's.   And Weimer, Dungey, and Morais, 1 2 3  in the two-five-oh's.  If I get any good shots I'll post em in here, See ya, Bill. 

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:23:52 AM »
450,s

Sewart
Reed
Milsaps

250's

Weimer
Morais
Brayton
Dungey

Track held up fine even though it rained a lot this week.  The rain held off until about 1/2 way through the 450 main.  Bubba holeshot and was never challenged though Reed was closing in on the last couple laps. Villopoto had to go to the lcq and then crashed out and didn't make the main. Jason Lawerence is on a 2 race suspension for fighting in the pits in SF last week so he didn't ride, what a doofus. 

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 04:35:42 AM »
Bill,

Whatz da stats on supercross??  I have not seen it on tv lately. 

My friends made a race in the Omao mountains, one one true finisher.  I was there to watch and lend a hand by video man..got the start, hung by a hard section near the end when they all tired, only 8 guys rode through-1 A division and 7 B riders.  Was wet and raining, the coarse is a roller coaster ride..so when wet..dangerous and impossible..even for me..so glad I stopped riding when I did. (its what gave me my injury that led to the resurfacing)  Will try to get my footage somehow on utube somehow and send you da link...but when I getz time.
(oh,my pidgen coming out)

btw, how you been doing, noticed your last few posts last week..(are you surfing, motorcycles, beer drinking??)keep us updated...as for me, lucky to say..so far so good..
Eri

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »
Hey Eric, I think they have 4 (or 5 ?) races left. Reed is in the lead by 11 points over stewart, Reed has 3 wins, Grant won the opener and Stewart won the rest.  The talk is Stewart is the fastest guy but Reed is more consistant. Interesting statistic on Stewart, every sx he hs entered if he hasn't crashed, he's won.  I've tried to surf twice now and got two my feet once haha. The boogieboard is a piece of pie though. Been trying to hook up with Wane-o for a surf but the weather has not been too cooperative,  blown out early, next to no swell, overcast and 58 degree water........buuuuurrrrr. Supposed to go to Ocotillo Wells this weekend but am having an employee issue, (he was mia today) so thats up in the air.  Hopefully he shows up ready to work tomorrow.
 Soooo...surfing,  1/2 a wave and few on the boogie board,  Dirtbike, been around the block a few times, will let you know about the desert trip if'n we can pull it off, and Beer drinking ?? uummmm never really stopped !!
  Like to check out your video if you get time.  See Ya 'round, Bill.   

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:44 AM »
Bill,

Thanks for the updates, yeah-I have noticed that about Stewart from before he went 250 class...fast but careless and costly, but impressive to see the doubles.

Thanks for your update, funny, when I longboarded, was so not easy my first and only 5 true waves I caught..the first one was easy..then the next few I thought too much and stood up not in stance, instead stood up both feet toes pointing forward, like a stand up paddle board rider, then had to make the adjustment...once going in stance, was ok..just to get to there takes rabbit speed which I didn't have yet...and I don't like to stretch there too much for I want the scar to heal somes more before I work that one, so I am debating the boogie board to go in the truck since the my fins for swimming are already in the truck, love being tubed.

Look for Kona's Fire Rock Pale Ale..insane beer, then we can have one together via the net..lol..or at sunsets for me for I bet you have one going..Pau hana time(after work).

Did you see Waynes post in snowboard..
Eric

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:42 AM »
Kona fire rock pale ale, I'll look for it.   The boogie board in the back of the truck is a given haha!!  I usually go every day after work once the water warms up about 5 more degrees. I have been practicing the jump up to your feet manuever in the jacuzzi every night and trying to do lower and lower squats to help me jump to my feet quicker, its pretty easy in the spa haha, just need some more time on the board, it'll come soon.   

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »
OK   1 round left.  Stewart has a 6 point lead going into vegas so for Reed to win he will have to get first and hope Stewart gets 4th or worse (not likely)  The scuttlebutt is team tactics may come into play but they always say that anytime its close.  I think Reeds only hope will be that Stewart crashes either on his own or with help from someone else haha. It's live on speed network this saturday at 7pm (west coast time) 
Me thinks were having a sx party here even though wifey dosen't know it yet... ;D

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
Well, must be the Hawaii time...they doing the pre show and its Sunday morning, my usual fix!(only its with coffee) 
Its a good year for Supercross, and was fun watching the season this year.  Bill, if I do ever make it out there, you gotta hook me up for a ride.
My friend is editing the video I took month back, hope I can get a good copy and post some of the race, only 1 true finisher due to wet slippery hard single track jungle trial riding.

Eric

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 11:44:16 PM »
Yeah post it up when you can.  Don't know if you watched the race yet, if you haven't, stop reading I don't wanna wreck it for ya  :D
I was hoping to see an epic battle between js & cr but stewart played it safe, hung back a little, let reed by and got 3rd for the title.  Villopoto was the man of the hour I thought, he was flying and was great to see him get the win.  The outdoor season starts may 23rd at glen helen, Way better than supercross (imo). We are planning on going, I'll post some pics.  The last 3 years my son and I volunteered to flag, and while that was fun, this year were just gonna watch and enjoy without having to "Work" haha.  And hey Eric my 17 year old stepped up and is handling more than 1/2 the route so the sky isn't falling after all (at least not yet  :D :D) Thanks for the offer though it meant a lot. If you get to ca. this summer we will definately have to have a "team hippy day" at san onofre or somewhere 8) 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear