+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip feels cold.  (Read 3408 times)

dw

Hip feels cold.
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
Has anyone experienced feeling a cold sensation in the resurfaced hip? I noticed it today while driving. I can't seem to find any literature on this.

Thanks.

Mudpro

• My Work
Re: Hip feels cold.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »
Just the opposite, mine feels pretty warm from time to time.
Bill
BHR on 12-10-08
OS:  Dr. Henry Boucher, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD

dw

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
weird how our bodies react isn't it?

how was the WoC?

Mudpro

• My Work
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
weird how our bodies react isn't it?

how was the WoC?
Attendance was down maybe 50%, no big surprise there.

I worked the floor from about 10AM until 2PM before heading back to the hotel to lay down and ice up.  I'd sit down for 5 or 10 minutes every hour or so, and I was plesantly surprised how well the hip did.  I felt strong enough on the last day that i walked with a small group of co-workers from the Strip hotel to the convention center.

I did shy away from most of the night life activities this time, instead I stayed in my room and rented a movie and put my feet up; I think that helped save me from day to day.

The plane ride out was the pits, alot of turbulance and very little opportunity to get up and stretch but no problem on the return flight.
Bill
BHR on 12-10-08
OS:  Dr. Henry Boucher, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD

dw

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »
"Attendance was down maybe 50%, no big surprise there.

I worked the floor from about 10AM until 2PM before heading back to the hotel to lay down and ice up.  I'd sit down for 5 or 10 minutes every hour or so, and I was plesantly surprised how well the hip did.  I felt strong enough on the last day that i walked with a small group of co-workers from the Strip hotel to the convention center.

I did shy away from most of the night life activities this time, instead I stayed in my room and rented a movie and put my feet up; I think that helped save me from day to day.

The plane ride out was the pits, alot of turbulance and very little opportunity to get up and stretch but no problem on the return flight."

That's good to know - thanks. we were scheduled to be there, but I didn't think I was strong enough for flight out (5-6 hours) + walking the hall(s) for 2.5 days straight. I think we made the right decision to not go.

takilasunrise

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »
My general physician asked me if I have ever felt the cold sensation in my hip.  He stated he has other patients that bring that up.  So far, I have not experienced that.  The only thing I have felt is when we were on the motorcycle at night going across the open plains of Wyoming and it was cold and I wasn't dressed for it.  I was cold enough to where I was tightening up / shivering from the cold and it caused my hip to ache from it.  Once we stopped and I put on my long underwear and rain pants (to cut the wind) I was fine. 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat