+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: OK im not imagining it  (Read 1568 times)

jjiam

OK im not imagining it
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Hey all back again, it's been 1 year and 5 months post op.  It has been OK, but lately, an issue has arisen.  I usually work out between 4-6 days a week.  My hip usually feels OK no problems, but when I start doing the treadmill (only 18 minutes), at 4.1 and high incline.  Whenever I do a high incline, my hip starts bothering me.  It's like the back of my leg right below my butt in that little crevice area.  It gets so bad, it makes me wanna stop, even though my cardio can keep going.  Now this is a problem that has surfaced as of lately.  Is there something wrong, and btw it doesn't matter if I rest for a few days or take off extra days, always as of lately doing the high incline.  Then usually all day it kinda bothers me.  So if anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it. 
Also one other question, my wife thought she saw some lawsuit against a hip resurfacing company, can anyone confirm this?
Thanks

Mudpro

• My Work
Re: OK im not imagining it
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »
I have pain in the same location when attempting to do the treadmill with an incline.

As for the bad resurfacing device, maybe this will shed some light:

The Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Replacement has been reported by surgeons to come loose and the Zimmer Durom Cup was taken off the market as of July 24, 2008.

Source:  http://www.lawyersforclients.com/zimmer-durom-cup-hip-implant/index.php

Zimmer Device:

Not to be conmfused with what most of us here have, which is the Birmingham device:

Bill
BHR on 12-10-08
OS:  Dr. Henry Boucher, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD

Bionic

Re: OK im not imagining it
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:50:21 AM »
Do you think this could be caused by a slightly backward-leaning cup?  I'm just thinking that the backward-pointing edge of the cup could be digging into some tendon or muscle back there when you climb on your treadmill.  Maybe it's time to check the anatomy books and see just what's back there.  Or better yet, check with your doctor.
Right uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum
Feb. 11, 2009 with Dr. Thomas Gross and Lee Webb

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Advertisements