+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 10 weeks post op  (Read 2075 times)

gl3

10 weeks post op
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »

Hello Hippy Friends ,

Sorry I fell off the map and have not kept you posted on my progress ! I have been looking at the website and reading the posts just havent found the time to write in. I really want to thank a few people especially Pat for all of her time and passion on this topic and Hawaii Eric for his Aloha ! It was a bit frustrating at times going through my recovery as I seemed to be a slow healer. Dr Scmalzreid told me the day after surgery that my hip was a real mess and I should have had it done a few years earlier. At my 6 week he said all looks good and lifted all bending restrictions. I am still in aquatic therapy a few times a week and really feel the benefit of the stretching exercises they give me in the pool. I am about to start swimming laps again this week and I have set a goal to go surfing again by April or May.There have been a few days lately that I have seen the surf and I have really been getting the itch to get out there but I keep telling myself that I have waited this long so another 2 months will not be that long to wait.(Wayne San o ? ) What  a crazy road this has been but it is amazing to be able to walk and be positive again !

Thank you !

George

karenj_m

Re: 10 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
Hey George:
Congrats on your progress to date....

Remember, how you take care of your hip now (I know the waves are calling), is only going to benefit you for years to come....

Be patient, grasshopper ;)
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

wayne-0

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:46:03 AM »
Hey George,
Good to hear from ya again.Glad things are going well and a couple more months waiting will pass quickly.I have not got back into the water yet but my goal was end of February and I too have the itch.Lately the waves have been good and I think I am gonna try sometime next week.I will let you know how it goes.Keep up the recovery process and surfing will be a reality in the future.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:24:28 AM »
George,

I have to thank you for the kind words there...
Guess we need to start sending in our addresses as our reunion should be coming up and plans are for us hipsters to meet on some beach, surf lots of waves and well..tan our scars over the beers that come with the territory.  (wouldn't that be funny to video the faces of those approaching..LOL)

Wayne, I hope the surf stays pumping for you when you go for it..very impressed that you did the double hole shot in one day and your having a great recovery..

The wind backed off for me today..my days off..and the wind returns when I go back to my office Thursday...go figure, guess a some rest for me might be good at this time..

Amazing how the 10 weeks flys by.  I was just there and now around 15 weeks, I am so happy that there is no pain where there was before..I noticed prior that my lymph node was swelling and acking before surgery...I have noticed that that pain has not been there after the surgery..just noticed that the other day, for that pain was 30% or so of my pain along with my limping around, guess there was more then just the bone on bone for me.

Well, aloha for now,
Eric
nov 3, 08
rBhr

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:55:06 AM »
Hey gl3,  Glad to hear your making progress.  10-12 weeks was where I could start pushing a little harder without paying so much the next day. I know what you mean about seeing good surf !!  You'll be back in the water soon. A day at sand oafs sounds good to me,  IN !!!

gl3

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »

Hey Hippies ,

Had a good therapy today they are really working me hard now ! Bill & Wayne I will let you know when I get that day at San o. I am going to try and hold out at least another month or two but it would be fun to paddle out together !

George

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:15 AM »

Hey Hippies ,

Had a good therapy today they are really working me hard now ! Bill & Wayne I will let you know when I get that day at San o. I am going to try and hold out at least another month or two but it would be fun to paddle out together !

George

Sounds good to me,  Team Ball Joint  :D :D

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM