+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: front of thigh ??  (Read 2259 times)

upnorthcin

front of thigh ??
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:01 AM »
Hi all, what agreat site. have been a lurrker for some time now !! had BHR on oct 14, and am still having issues. I have a 3 level back fusion,and I feel clunck when i walk, the lateast is a sharp pain high on the front of thigh when I walk. a few inches from what my Dr. called my drain hole from the surgery.Any ideas or any one have the same. Had x-ray done a says the BHR looks fine. Kind of scarey this far out. How long does the prostethius go into the femur bone? could that be giving me trouble ???? Had mine done in Wood Burry Mn by Dr. Panic from Stillwater MN.Am off the cane but still have limp. My insision goes from side of thigh across one whole butt cheek !! Said I had a big hip !!   I am soooooooooooo tired of pain.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:34:36 AM by upnorthcin »

Todd

Re: front of thigh ??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Is the pain high up in the hip flexor. (Pain when raising your leg)  Have you had any PT after surgery?  Does a big hip mean that you are carrying extra weight?  My untrained initial thought is that if you haven't been very active for a time due to your hip and back issues, you've got some muscles that are refusing to get with the program and work as they should.  The reduced joint pain probably gives you better ROM and then affects those muscles that are giving you problems.  I would seek out PT after discussing with your surgeon.  Good luck

I had my BHR done in Stillwater (Lakeview Hospital) (01/07/09) with Dr. Palmer of St. Croix Orthopedics.  I haven't heard of Dr. Panic. What hospital in Woodbury did you go to?  I want to go with a cheap joke here, but he may be very calm under pressure, so I'll resist  ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:58:57 AM by Todd »
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

upnorthcin

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:01:01 PM »
hi, had my surgery at Wood winds. dr panic is fron St. croix orthapedics also.   is pronounces  " Pawnick" I thought the same thing when I first saw his name !!!!Guess just a large bone itself,.... I have been doing PT since I got home from surgery in Oct. therapist said to hold of untill I see my spine surgeon to give me the go a head. The pain in my leg is awfull when I put any weight on it. this is new just this week. do u think it could be where the end goes into the femer this far along after surgery? good talking to some one who kinda knows what I have had done and am going through !!

Todd

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
I would go to Dr. Panic and get a diagnosis and plan of action.  They should be able to determine where your pain is coming from, confirm that structurally things are in place, and make a plan to rehab and get you back in action.  good luck. Let us know how things go.
todd
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

fenceman

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »
I am still a little clunky at 6 months.  Everyone on this site says that the clicking/clunking goes away with time.

I was doing step-ups 2 weeks ago (Step up on a bench and step back down) and the next day I had a lot of pain in the front of my thigh and a little burning in the hip area that lasted for 3 days.  I was afraid I really screwed my hip and was ready to call the Dr. when it finally went away.  Haven't done those exercises in 2 weeks but with each week comes a new sensation in the hip/leg area after exercising.

L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:15:11 AM »
My front upper thigh muscles seem to be the first ones to get sore and if I go up and down a lot of steps the muscle wants to.... this is hard to desrcibe..it feels like it "slides" across my thigh from the outside toward the inside, and sometimes snaps like its hanging up on something.  Also seems like my foot wants to turn inward when that happens too, like its out of alignment, too much "Toe In" ??   (;D
Sorry couldn't resist).  It happens when I walk up and down lots of stairs or inclines. The pain is not in the joint and only happens after lots of use so I assume its a muscle issue and will eventually go away.  I don't know if this is the same as you are feeling or not. I am at 5 months and on my feet most of the day.  Abduction (side) raises with weights seem to help me.  Hope this helps.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat