+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain after thearpy ?  (Read 1289 times)

blitz373

Pain after thearpy ?
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:10 PM »
Just curious :  Does anyone have pain after possibly over doing it  in therapy, and after the first week of getting rid of the cane ?   I think I may have over done it after my 6th week post op.   No serious damage just pain  and stiffness when sitting or staying in same position too  long.  Trying to do too much at once..  let me know if you take rest days or is it ok to keep plugging along every day ??   thank you ...

John C

Re: Pain after thearpy ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:18:12 PM »
My two cents worth. At six weeks, I think that it is important to listen to your body. You are still early in the healing process, and it might be a little soon to think in terms of pushing through the pain. I found it important during that time to allow time to rest, and sometimes back off a little. You will have plenty of time later on in the process to push your recovery harder.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

wayne-0

Re: Pain after thearpy ?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 01:26:18 AM »
Between the 4 to 8 week period I would skip a day here or there of my exercises out of laziness.Turns out that every time I did it seemed that my body would get a little extra rest and the next day I exercised I would be able to push myself a little further. I never got pain from overdoing it just soreness when stretching very tight muscels and tendons.So I say take a days rest here and there and let the body rejuvenate itself.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat