+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Hp dr. in oklahoma  (Read 1044 times)

Tommy

Hp dr. in oklahoma
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »
Hi new to the site, will need a hip resurface soon has any one had any work done with a oklahoma dr. Any info would be helpful.                                     
                                                           Tommy
Dr Tupper  LBHR  6/02/09
Oklahoma

karenj_m

Re: Hp dr. in oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
Hi Tommy and welcome to the board.

I only found one instance of a surgeon named: Dr. Barry Northcutt in Edmond, Oklahoma

I DON'T know anything about his track record. It looks like most folks from your state are traveling to Texas or South Carolina for their hip resurfacings.

If you "interview" the Oklahoma surgeon (above) see Pat's website for questions to ask the surgeon. Find out how many resurfacings (NOT THR's) he has done.

Remember, hip resurfacings has a higher learning curve for these surgeons than a total hip replacement (THR). Even if they did 3000 THR's does NOT make them a good experienced resurfacing surgeon.

Mostly all issues that patients run into is because the surgeon didn't get the femur cap angle correct, or put in the right size, or the socket cup was not done correctly...

So take your time, and interview...or you can travel (if possible) to a more experienced surgeon...I traveled from northern NY to South Carolina.

Its your hip...make sure you do the research, so that you only have this surgery once.

Let us know if you have any questions
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

stevel

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »
Tommy,

At least a couple of patients from Kansas went to Dr. Scott Cook, Leawood, Kansas who is on Pat's List as having done over 200 hip resurfacings.  He is probably the closest experienced hip resurfacing surgeon.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66

Tommy

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »
Thanks for the replys I'm in the process of interviewing a surgeon here in oklahoma but he's only done 10-15 but had no problems with them. There is a bhr surgeon that I saw that is 6 miles from my house, but he has a high fail rate. Going to fort worth to see a surgeon there who's on pat's list.
                                                                             Tommy
Dr Tupper  LBHR  6/02/09
Oklahoma

karenj_m

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »
Good job Tommy:

Be really diligent with who you pick...I can not stress this enough. 10-15 is entry level.

Try to find someone at least in the hundreds.

Its your hip...get the best surgeon you can. If they mess it up, it will be YOU that has to live with it, not them.

Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats