+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Walking **  (Read 1255 times)

blitz373

Walking **
« on: March 16, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »
How far does everyone walk at 8 weeks post op ??     and how much pain do you feel the next day ?    I did 2 1/2 miles  but feel it the next day... and should I be walking every day ?      i also do pt 3 days a week ...    thank you ...

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Walking **
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »
Hi

You should ask your surgeon what you are allowed to do at this point in your recovery.

Most people are encouraged to walk as much as possible by most doctors.  You should, however, listen to your body.  If it complains too much the next day, back off a bit.

Each person is different and has to listen to their own body and deal with their own recovery. 

I have a story of an athlete running a marathon at 3 months post op - I don't think you will be doing that.  I don't think hardly anyone does that.  So you can't go by other people.

Be patient and take it easy.  You will have lots of time to catch up this summer.

Pat

Listen to your doctor and to your body. 
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

wayne-0

Re: Walking **
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:18:24 AM »
At eight weeks I was walking between 1 and 1/2 - 2 miles a day. I am one of the lucky ones who didn't have any pain at that point. Keep in mind what Pat says she is right about listing to your body and going at your own pace.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat