+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Taekwon-Do  (Read 3861 times)

mstar

Taekwon-Do
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:10:27 AM »
I will be 48 next month and have over 20 years experience in Taekwon-Do. I taught for ten years up until December of 2009. Due to the increased pain and lack of mobility in my hip I had to close my school. I notice there are not a lot of martial artists on this site I guess this is a good thing. Has anyone been told that training in the martial arts is a contributing factor to their condition? I was told by one doctor last year that I should not be doing any exercising, but another told me that the only reason I was not a mess is because of how active I was. I guess I should have listened to the second guy, because ever since I slowed down everything has gotten progressively worse. I get annoyed when people are always telling me that my training is the cause of my requirement of a hip resurfacing. 

Tekka

Re: Taekwon-Do
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:36:25 PM »
Hi Mstar,

That's a shame you have had to close your school, yes I have had all the comments ranging from fellow MA's to my wife, I think that my training may have contributed to my left hip needing a BHR but then what is life without passion, I would not have changed a single day of my training. Your situation will not get better, mine did'nt, it will get progressivly worse every day....but there is hope and with research and help from a good surgeon you can get back your life mate.

I know of kickers who get back to a good standard and are impressive, for me just to be able to have the body mechanics to be functional is all I will ever want, I am 8.1/2 weeks and I am moving around the dojo and able to shadow form gently.

Remember we are defined by what we have achieved and what still can be!!!, look to the future mstar, I wish you all the best mate.
LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

mstar

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »
Thanks tekka,

I just got my date yesterday, May 27th. I am looking forward to surgery. Even to get back to teaching will make me happy.

mstar

Tekka

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »
Thats good new's mstar,

Where are you having the surgery,,,

Terry
LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

mstar

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto. Dr. Emil Schemitsch.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat