+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 months and a few days!  (Read 1966 times)

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
5 months and a few days!
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:15 AM »
 8)Happy to say that I went to my Dr today for my check up and after the xrays came back looking really good and the Doctors check up went even better.  All Good, or shall I say, all great.  The xrays shows the new bone growth on the femor and how the muscles are adapting to the metal in me.  My doctor showed off my xrays to some of the other doctors and mentioned to them my time frame and so forth, then gave a comment that I should be the poster canidate for the resurface..perfect healing! 

I have been pushing my kitesurfing hard, been walking my dogs alot too, with some of it being a light jog.  I need to stretch more for my own personal thing, but that has been my weakness always.  I have very little start up pain now, its only in my head before I put my feet to the floor, then its a normal walk.  When my friends say I have a straight walk I get stoked.  I only limp when the rest of my body feels the acks and pains of my activities.  Every now and then my scar still gives me memories that I had surgery how long ago?? (doctors all said it looks good, but after a long day I feel something there on the scar, but its not bad, just something.)  Sometimes I feel it when I sleep on that side too long too, but that one has a pain level of .00005 or something, so no problems.  My range of motion is really good, when I put on my socks and shoes at work, its easy..I just sit on a milk crate and do it, its not as limber as my other side, but its easier then pre surgery.  The only thing I look forward to doing when I get the craving is to surf..the popping up was my trouble a few months back, but I haven't cared to really surf since I kite surf.  The wind has been great and I have been slaying waves as in floaters and off the lips as my main thing, some jumps, and then some 360's, tacking out through the surf is probably the hardest thing for my hip, but that is no problem, I just think of myself as a shock absorber and flex what needs to flex.

Can't think of anything else to really write at this time, simply feel like I am 98.99% healed.  My doctor who trained under Mcminn did remind me that Mcminn is conservative, and that I should wait at least 10 months to do impact sports, so again he said to take it easy, but then he said xrays do look really good, or perfect as better yet..so I am happy(happy too not to have my tail between my legs for going hard at 3 months-2 months ago-and am I happy that I got to enjoy perfect conditions for this year starting off to be FanTastIC!!)

Guess thats all, happy healing everyone!
Aloha,
Eric

btw, thank you everyone for the input and thoughts, this site RoCKs!

If anyone knows how to get a Razor Phone pictures to this site, I can show off my xrays that I took while they were up on the screen, but then, a xray pic only looks all the same..so guess no big deal.

Barbara

Re: 5 months and a few days!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
"When my friends say I have a straight walk I get stoked"

I know what you mean. i feel like that when people say I'm not waddling.

Happy to hear you're doing well.

Barbara

Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 5 months and a few days!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:28:52 PM »
Hi Eric

Glad to hear things are going well. I would say it is always good to stay a little on the conservative side before doing the impact sports.  Remember - you have a whole life ahead of you. It is best to make sure that hip is completely healed. 

Good Luck and give us a report now and then.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz