+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Butt pain at 2 wks  (Read 2192 times)

JP

Butt pain at 2 wks
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
I had surgery (BHR) on my left hip 4/1/09.  I am at day 14 now and doing well except for some pain in my left butt cheek.  This pain started on day 12 and is still here.  It feels like its tightened up in a knot.  I've tried heat and ice on the area even massaging it, but it's still sore.  Is this normal musle pain from healing?  Is there a way to relax this area?  Has anyone else experienced this?

kwarendorf

• LBHR 2/13/2009
    • Kyle's Kitchen
Re: Butt pain at 2 wks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:29:19 AM »
Hi Brian - I'm no Doc, but I too had my left hip resurfaced, in February. I think you are smart to ask about pain. I had all kinds and I freaked about all of them :) If you can stand without pain, bear weight with your new hip, then I suspect the pain in your but is soft tissue related. The amount of 'stuff' they have to move around, cut, relocate in order to install your new hip is amazing. I was afraid to watch the videos before, but have since. It's not suprising that your butt is sore! It will take some time for all of the soft tissue to heal. I am at 2 months and still have my moments.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. As others will counsel, listen to your body. If you're sore don't be afraid to rest.

Congrats on your new hip!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »
Hi JP

Welcome to Hip Talk and congratuations on your new hip.

You are very early in your recovery.  People often experience all kinds of aches, pains and muscle sorness - especially early on.  Many people seem to have pain in their butt.  Hopefully a few others will tell you about their experience.

Please be patient and realize you have had major surgery.  It takes your body at least 6 months to get pretty well healed and over a year to be completely healed.  So listen to your body and when it hurts, stop doing whatever you are doing.  Don't push yourself too much.  Your brain can want a quick and easy recovery, but your body is in control and will heal at it's own rate.  No way to push it.  Just realize that we all end up in the same place eventually - healed, active and without pain.  Relax and find something enjoyable to do during your recovery.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

sunny

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »
I was told to SQUEEZE the buttocks and than do the same to my leg thighs and hold for 10 seconds  It helped.  I still get uncomfortable now and than after 4 months.  All these muscules
have been cut through, stitched, and like myself, not used properly in a long time.  Hope this helps.

Sunny

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat