+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: P90x  (Read 6794 times)

karenj_m

P90x
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
During football season (2008), we were eating 2 big cheese balls, pepperoni, and crackers, doritos, etc...and boy did we put on the "gut"....I called it my doritos belly :)

I have recently acquired the P90x program as a birthday gift.

Starting on 4/11/09 was my first try at the P90x program...and wow! I can see some serious changes...actually got a 4 pack coming on in the stomach area (can't wait for a 6 pack). We are following the nutrition plan as a "guideline" that it comes with, too...and seriously paying attention to nutritional labels on food.

It really works those quads, buttocks, etc....

Not trying to sound like an advertisement, but now into our mid 2nd week, its one program that really does what it says it will do.

Pretty awesome getting the muscles in both legs to become the "same size".

Just thought I'd share...but please note: this would be for someone that has their doctors permission and are post op a year or better - because of all the lunges, squats, wall sitting, etc. on the legs.

We don't have a chin-up bar, so we use our lat pull-down machine to simulate chin-ups.

Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

Dev

Re: P90x
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
Karen,

I am in my 12th week of P90x and May 7th will be my one year anniversary for my hip resurfacing.  I was a runner before my hip surgery and have decided that I didn't want to risk injury by going back to running.  I gained weight and just couldn't find the replacement for running until I discovered P90.  It has changed my life.  I have gone from 206lbs to 185 and I am as happy as ever.  The Yoga has helped my flexibilty tremendously.  I hope you get the same results as I have.  Good Luck!

karenj_m

Re: P90x
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
Wow Dev....your 12th week? Awesome!

I just finished (today) week 2...will be starting week 3 on Saturday...and just loving...

I'm learning that's for sure...like make sure to eat some good carbs the evening before plyo day 'whew'  ??? Plyo makes me cry  :)

I'm loving it!!!

We had to go get more hands weights though...we only had sets of 3, 5, and 15 lbs...so off to Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up 10 lbs. and 20 lbs. I think we are going to need a set of 30lbs very soon... I have incredible upper body strength...but the legs are now getting stronger with P90x!

I finished up this week with the KenpoX and didn't take a break at all!

I feel good...I feel good! :)
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat