+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sharp Glute and Groin pain  (Read 2419 times)

cash

Sharp Glute and Groin pain
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »
Hey there fellow hippies I'm new to this amazing site and I thought I would share my experience I had today. I'm only 8 days post op and recovery has been incredible for me, almost walking unassisted. Getting plenty of rest and finally sleeping  :D :D I truly believe my recovery can be attributed to my pre op condition, activity and training. I was walking into my house today with my crutches and as I to lifted my operated leg onto the step and put crutch aided pressure on my leg I felt a sharp pain in my glute and groin almost like had my crutches not been there my leg would have given out and then 3 seconds later it felt fine and the pain was gone. Just wondering if anyone out there in our world has experienced this feeling ? I would be interested to hear opinions

obxpelican

Re: Sharp Glute and Groin pain
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:18:51 PM »
Hey there fellow hippies I'm new to this amazing site and I thought I would share my experience I had today. I'm only 8 days post op and recovery has been incredible for me, almost walking unassisted. Getting plenty of rest and finally sleeping  :D :D I truly believe my recovery can be attributed to my pre op condition, activity and training. I was walking into my house today with my crutches and as I to lifted my operated leg onto the step and put crutch aided pressure on my leg I felt a sharp pain in my glute and groin almost like had my crutches not been there my leg would have given out and then 3 seconds later it felt fine and the pain was gone. Just wondering if anyone out there in our world has experienced this feeling ? I would be interested to hear opinions

8 days out and walking unassisted?  You are doing really well.  In regard to that sharp pain, your muscles, tendons and tissues are still recovering from major trauma.  Post-op for about 2weeks if I moved wrong in bed I would get some sharp pains that I attributed to exactly what I mentioned before.

If you are sore in those areas, ice them up, if it does not go away call your doctor, it never hurts to get an x-ray if you think something is wrong, most times nothing is wrong.

By all means listen to your doctor, DO NOT PUSH IT!

BTW--- welcome to the forum.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

cash

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »
Thanks for your response Chuck, It certainly doesn't feel like anything is wrong in there just was an awkward feeling when it happened almost like I popped a hamstring or quad but thats certainly not the case at all. I guess like in all major surgeries keep an eye on it if persists or continues call the doctor, i'm sure if something was really injured you would know.

Todd

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:59:41 AM »
Cash,

Give yourself some time to heal.  In a few more weeks, you will see progress in your ability to move up and down stairs, raise your leg, gain some strength and rom.  Time is the big factor in your recovery.  If you do your at home exercises and let your hip tell you when it is fatigued and needs to rest, you will keep getting better.  Over-do it and you will pay for the next few days (most of us have).  Good luck. You will be feeling better each day.
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat