+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Muscle pain with hip pain  (Read 2000 times)

Dare

Muscle pain with hip pain
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »
I am scheduled for resurfacing surgery May 29.  It was difficult to diagnose due to extreme muscle pain in my left butt, down my leg, under my knee, down the outside of my calf and my ankle.  After months with 2 orthopaedics, a chiropractor and a neurosurgeon, I finally got relief through a physical therapist.  After he figured out the problem I went to another orthopaedic surgeon and the rest, as they say, is history.  My question...after I have the resurfacing done, will the problems in my left leg go away?

Dare

wayne-0

Re: Muscle pain with hip pain
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
Hey Dare,
I had back, leg, thigh, calf, butt pain before surgery( very intense pain I might add). After surgery all of that pain is completely gone for me. Every once in awhile if I haven't been doing my stretches my lower back will feel a little tight but it goes away when I start stretching again.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Dare

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
Hi Wayne,

Thanks SO much for your response.  Neither the physical therapist nor the surgeon could "guarantee" that the pain in my butt and leg would go away.  I realize there are no "guarantees" in this world...that's why I eat dessert first...but it's good to know someone else had the same problematic issues and they were resolved.  I think I am more excited about getting this surgery than I was about my honeymoon (just 8 weeks ago).  Says a great deal about a man who willingly marries a woman he knows is falling apart!!

Dare

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »
Good luck with your surgery on friday. Hope everything goes perfect for you.

Wayne

Dare

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Thanks Wayne.  When did you have your resurfacing done?

Dare

wayne-0

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »
11/7/08  a little over six and a half months ago.I got both hips done the same day and everything worked out fantastic. I,ve been surfing(kinda crawling up still not the fast jump to my feet yet), snowboarding, biking, running, running stairs,playing baseball, all kinds of things since 3 months post op.Most of my days now I barely even can remember I just had surgery six months ago, except to realize how good i feel now compared to before surgery. I'm not 100% yet but I keep getting better and better as time goes by. My doc told me he thought it would take me a full year to get back to normal because my hips were in such bad shape. By the way be excited for friday because this surgery has been very successful on so many others that have gone before you. Once again good luck with everything.

Wayne

Dare

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »
WOW!  What will you be going when you are at 100%?  You have really given me great hope.  I have always been very active (dancing for a NBA team), step aerobics, power walking, racquetball, etc.  My new hubby is an avid golfer and I want to be able to play with him (although he is going to have to teach me).  I just want my "old" self back and, like I said, you have given me hope.  I can't WAIT for tomorrow!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Dare

Debbie

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
I have had a lot of pain in different areas and difficulty with the diagnosis myself.  My pain is in the front of my hip, side of my leg down to my knee at times.  I have had a stiff and painful lower back off and on too.  It sounds like a lot of the pain is due to the bone on bone contact according to my doctor and he thinks a lot of it will subside without constant irritation.  I am having mine a week after you.  Good luck to both of us.  ;D

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat