+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Groin Pain  (Read 2240 times)

mark2727

Groin Pain
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:46:39 PM »
I'm 6 months post op from b-lat hip resurfacing with a BHR. Both hips were doing great but in the last 3 weeks have started feeling a groin pain on  my left side. My surgeon feels took some x-rays and feels I have nothing to be concerned about and probably should clear up in a few weeks. Any thoughts/suggestions would be great? Thanks!

Mark

karenj_m

Re: Groin Pain
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »
Mark:
What new activities have you been doing recently? If you are, are you doing warmups first? Like jogging gently in place until you get slightly sweaty?

There is also a psoa stretch (here):

http://www.surfacehippy.info/quadpsoasstretch.php

It sounds like your muscles are "complaining", since your xrays look good.

My surgeon tells us to expect aches and pains up to a good year...
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

Bpro

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:55 PM »
Mark,
I'm 2 years post-op and am experiencing ongoing groin pain. Every time I go to my Dr., he would always say, "Oh, you'll be fine, you are way ahead of most people at this stage of recovery. He kept telling me to run and run and run on it to break it in.  But here I am 2 years out with the same problem.  My Dr. narrowed it down to the iliapsoas via a costly and painful EMG test.  He acts perplexed like he's never seen such a symptom.  Then I found this site, and see that it's pretty common.  Makes me wonder... I can't event lift my leg up into the car.  I'm just used to lugging it into the car like a dead ham . Anything "fast twitch" kills me. While driving, I can't even lift that foot off the floorboard and hold it above the ground for more than a couple seconds.  Bending over to put socks on is just as painful as the first 6 months post op.  If I'm walking or hiking I'm fine, but anything unexpected, like catching my toe on a rock where I have to quickly compensate and bring my leg forward, really hurts.  I underwent an ultrasound and xray guided steroid injection to my iloapsoas.  It worked for about 3 days.  Now I have to wait for the bill to pay for nothing.  The looseness/clunking is constant.  The clunking doesn't hurt, but it really is annoying and sometimes when I bend over and stand straight up, the thing seems to clunk and shift forward.  But again...my doctor sooks at me like I'm a whiner and tells me "It's just finding it's track and needs to be broken in by my own hips movement"  My own body tells me that he placed the cup improperly, and that the front/anterior edge of it is in the way of the smooth gliding track of my iliapsoas.  There's no steroid injection in the world that will fix that.  My question to him now is, can he re-position the cup or get rid of that protruding edge?  His last response was that he could get in there arthroscopically and clean out some scar tissue or look for bone spurs.  But these "bandaids" seem to be his way of avoiding his mistakes.

John C

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »
It sounds like maybe the first thing you need to do is get some clarity about whether the cup is well placed, or is misplaced and causing problems. Have you gone over the x-rays with your doctor to clarify this? If you still have concerns after that, consider sending your x-rays to some of the experienced surgeons on this site that do free consults. I really think that having some clarity on that issue is important to you right now.
Good luck.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat