+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Healing your new scar  (Read 2810 times)

Bierhead

Healing your new scar
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »
For all the new surface hippies...I am post op day 17. I just spoke to my Dermotologist about taking care of my scar- especially during these hot summer months. She recommended I use Mederma with SPF protection.  Hope that helps!  Kristen
LHR /Wright C+/ Dr.Mont/ May 14, 2009

Debbie

Re: Healing your new scar
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:24 PM »
My doctor told me the same thing.  He said after the steristrips come off that I should start using Mederma religiously.  I did not know they had one with SPF protection.  Thanks for the info.

skyc6

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
I still have some scabby places. Do you think Mederma is ok? I am 15 days out.

Whit

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
I am 24 days post-op.  I had staples which were removed on day 14.  I have a few rough places still.  I was told to put nothing on my scar.  Hmmmm

Whit
LBHR 06/04/2009 Dr. Ward
RBHR 01/14/2010 Dr. Ward

MarilynRS

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:28:09 AM »
Hi.  What is Mederma, and what does it do?  Thanks for posting info about this, because I haven't really done anything yet but gently wash.  I've wondered too about the scar tissue that would be forming sub-surface.  Does anyone know anything about minimizing that?  Ways to prevent adhesions to muscles, etc.?  Marilyn
Grateful !  U/c with Dr. Gross
L: 07/13/09 and R: 07/15/09

Tekka

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 08:13:15 AM »
Hi,

I apply Bio Oil, not sure why...my wife got it for me, but I must admit I am seven months and my scar is completly flat and smooth, with the scar fading all the time.

Regards

Terry
LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

Debbie

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »
I have done three things about the scar tissue sub-surface.  My doctor told me that I could start massaging across the scar myself by hand about a month after surgery to break things up in there.  Also, my physical therapist has been working on the really stubborn spots for me at my appointments.  I also asked Dr. Ball about accupuncture and massage at my one month followup and he said it was OK.  Therefore, my accupuncturist has been treating me along the sides of the scar to encourage blood flow and healing in that area along with massage.  It all seems to be helping.  It feels quite smooth except for one spot in the middle that we are still working on and I had surgery two months ago.  I am not exactly sure what Mederma is, but it says it is a scar treatment.  I got the one that goes on like a gel and dries so that it does not make a mess all over my clothes.  I apply it two or three times every day.

Tarhoo2

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
I used Mederma on my scars (both hips), as instructed, with brisk rubbing to try to break up scar tissue underneath.  While my scars are clearly visible, they are really just lines and not "knotty" or especially bad.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat