+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Information About Dr. Bose and Hotels in India Please  (Read 7938 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Information About Dr. Bose and Hotels in India Please
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »
Note: posted by Pat for askiles

I am schedule for RBHR on July 24, 2009 with Dr. Bose.  This site has given me great comfort in it's postings from those who have shared their stories.  I am interested in hearing from persons who decided to stay post op in the city and not on the beach.  I am traveling with my spouse and we are deciding between the beach (FC) or closer to the pulse of India in Chennai (probably at the Raintree).  The beach seems so far removed but not sure how mobile I will feel or how accessible the town/hotel might be for me in recovery mode.

askiles
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hipshot

Re: Information About Dr. Bose and Hotels in India Please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »
Hey
Went to Chennia in January and had Dr. Bose do my left hip BHR.
I used World Med Assit.
It was awesome, Wouter Helmbreck"s team was awesome.
I stayed at the renovated Radisson just blocks from the Appolo.
Two days post surgery went to the Resort. for three days then back for last checkup and then stayed a couple nights back at the Radisson.
The flew back to montana.
I would call Wouter and tell him you talked with Martin (we keep in touch ) and he will help with any and all info.
My surgery was a piece of cake. I have had wisdom teeth out that was worse. I was back to work full time in 30 days and now do everything I used to except ride horse back but that is only because Bose wants me to wait 6-8 months or more. :)
Martin

hipshot

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »
Pat
The nice part about the resort is it gets you out of the rat race of the city just enough to really enjoy the markets.
 I teamed up with a lady about 50-55 she had surgery the day after I did and went on short tours and shopping from the resort. The shuttle peole at the resort have inside passes so you do't have to walk  to see the temples and drive you in air condition  small SUV's.  ( I tipped the driver more than the day shuttle cost me.)
I walked many blocks hen I was back at my hotel in the city and did some shopping it was oky and everyone wants to help you when you have arm crutches but one day strolling in city of millions with no stop signs or speed limits is a little much for a small town country boy.
The shops and markets are a little more asessable in the rurual areas.
May concern would be the time of year is this thier summer if so I heard the heat and humidity are extremly high?
Martin

lindarose

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »
I am now researching India and Dr. Bose.  Hipshot had some good info....can anyone give me an approximate price on these abroad surgeries?  I live in Mexico & cannot find anyone here with experience to do the resurfacing.  It would be great if I could find someone here or maybe Costa Rica.  Has anyone gone to CR for this?  And what happens aftercare?  Should you have complications, how is this taken care of?

bkcamp

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
 :)

Linda,

I am going to Dr. Bose in February.  Price quoted me was $7300 (for 1 hip), inclusive of all pre-/post-op care, surgery, stay in hospital, meds, disposables.

Barb

markkenter

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
:)

Linda,

I am going to Dr. Bose in February.  Price quoted me was $7300 (for 1 hip), inclusive of all pre-/post-op care, surgery, stay in hospital, meds, disposables.

Barb

wow! I remember seeing it was more than that?  Does this incude all care until you depart back to the U.S.? Does this also include airfare? Does  anyone know how long one has to be in India to recover?

I have early stage I AVN of the Femoral head and I am exploring a BMHR if the pain gets worse. I am still at an early stage but if it gets to the point I cant work from the pain, then I will not wait until later AVN stages.  There is no friggin way I will allow myself  to become debiliated from pain so that I cant work to pay my bills.

Fortunately I have a surgeon who will replace the hip as soon as I tell him I cant take the pain. He doesnt believe in waiting for the later AVN stages (like some of the idiotic surgeons we have in the U.S.) or for the hip to  collapse. The MRI already clearly shows the AVN and my symptoms are classic HIP symptoms from the condition. Only downside is that he doesnt resurface so it wil be a THR. I want to avoid the possible post-op shortcomings of a THR later on. 

The other downside for me is if I dont want to wait for the disease to progress, then according to Dr Bose AVN protocol, I will require a Mid Section Implant (BMHR) not a BHR. I dont mind a mid head resection as long as it means avoiding future pain. Who the hell wants to ruin n 1-2 years QOL when you know the inevitable result? We only have so much time on this earth. I'd rather be on the road to recovery then wait for the ailment to advance and debilitate

Lopsided

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 01:30:29 AM »

wow!

That's a wow for me too.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz