+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: One year anniversary -rbhr  (Read 2359 times)

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
One year anniversary -rbhr
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »
Hi all,

Today is my one year anniversary ( RBHR). I am back to doing squats, deadlifts, plyometrics (box jumps, burpees, jumping pullups), and running. Currently I'm training for a trip to the Tour de France for the final week in the Alpes, Mt Ventoux, and Paris. We are going to ride the course before the big boys. The cool thing is we are riding the Ventoux twice- once the day before the stage and also the day of.

The hip is doing great. I'm still teaching spinning 4x/wk in addition to 3-4 outdoor rides/wk. The key to getting back into high gear has been the strength training. I'm doing a program called crossfit which has really improved my range of motion, strength and overall fitness, with very short, high intensity workouts. I wish everyone well and good luck.

take care,

spencer

obxpelican

Re: One year anniversary -rbhr
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
Spencer,

So glad to hear you are doing well, keep up the great new surface hippie lifestyle.  Thanks so much for your particpation the past year to this site you've been an asset for sure.

I'll be biking this Fall, something I've not done in a few years.  As soon as my daughter becomes more proficient with driving our boat I am going back up on water skis.  There is something disconcerting about leaving your life in the hands of a 15 YO blonde   ;D

Chucki
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

bothdone

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »
Hi Spencer

Congratulations on your progress and your anniversary.

Best wishes for the future.

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »
Spencer,
Congrats on your 1 year anniversity! I am currently 3 weeks post-op rbhr and can't wait for the day I can train again. You are an inspiration to all who have had their hips done. I quickly glanced at the crossfit site and am very interested in the workouts not only for me but also my wrestling team. I see that there is training for this are you certified in instructing or did you pick up this workout by reading about it? I see there is many strength and conditioning exercises that excites me for my wrestlers. We have been doing alot to the strongman lifts outside and loving it (sled pulls, rope climbs, keg toss, kettlebells, sand bags, sledgehammers). Love all of it for pure strength but need to incorporate more endurance excercises in the off-season.  I liked how you stressed high impact SHORT workouts. With high school athletes its tough enough getting them their in the summer now getting them their for a few hours. Let me know.
Coach
boettner rbhr june 6, 2009

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »
Hey Coach,

Thanks for your remarks. Regarding crossfit, I'm not a certified trainer, although I am an exercise physiologist. I also volunteer my time as a strength and conditioning coach for my kids high school track team. I just love the intensity of crossfit. The mainsite (crossfit.com) a a ton of exercise demo videos. A couple of other sites to check out are crossfitfootball.com and crossfitendurance.com. Both sites can give you some great ideas for workouts for your wrestling team. Feel free to email me at magoo451@msn.com if you like to discuss further.

I wish you nothing but success in your recovery.

take care,

spencer

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat