+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shower???  (Read 2199 times)

HSWrestlingCoach

Shower???
« on: June 26, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »
I was told by hospital when the steri strips start coming off I could shower. It has been 3 weeks and they are not close to coming off. The book says at two weeks one can shower. I am getting sick of sponge baths twice a day. I have the insoluable (sp?) stitches with the steri strips over them. The incision has scabbed and looks great. Can I finally jump in the shower ???
boettner rbhr june 6, 2009

wayne-0

Re: Shower???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »
My doc gave me the go ahead to shower on the fourth day post op. I would say yeah go ahead but you may want to call the docs office first.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

West106

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
I started showing last Saturday (two weeks post op).  My steri strips are loose; but mostly still in place.  I make sure to dry the site with a hair dryer after the shower. 

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:36:13 PM »
Thanks!!!
boettner rbhr june 6, 2009

Debbie

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »
I had my hip resurfaced 6/5 with steri strips only on the outside incision.  My doctor told me I could shower four days after surgery if I tried not to get a lot of water on it.  A little running water is fine, but absolutely no submersion.  He told me to lightly pat it with a soapy washcloth to clean it and lightly pat it with the towel to dry.  I talked to him on day 20 and he told me to go ahead and remove the steri strips since they had not yet fallen off.  The incision looks pretty good and I am using Mederma several times each day to help with the healing.  He also said I could use adhesive silicone sheets and cut them to size to help hold things together and protect the incision from rubbing on my clothes during the day.  He wanted it uncovered at night and for awhile after showering.

rickt

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »
 :o  rickt here after 9days got staples out had shower next day i used GLAD PRESSN SEAL rap    dry area and cover area surprising how dry it stayed good luck

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat