+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Countdown to Monday Morning Surgery with Dr. Schmalzried  (Read 1508 times)

socalhippy

Countdown to Monday Morning Surgery with Dr. Schmalzried
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »
Well, my day is fast approaching.   I will be having my left hip resurfaced Monday morning with Dr. Schmalzried.    While I am excited about getting rid of the grinding pain, I had a tough day today.    Most of the time I am cool with the program but I have had about 3 crying episodes where out of nowhere I break down.   I think it is just overwhelming at the moment.  However, everyone's stories are fantastic and I can't wait to brag about my success.   Thanks to everyone and I will let you know how it goes.

Kelly
Kelly
LH/Schmalzried
7/27/09

jaze

Re: Countdown to Monday Morning Surgery with Dr. Schmalzried
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
HI KELLY , DON'T WORRY I BARELY REMEMBER THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH, SOON IT WILL BE A DISTANT MEMORY ,THEN IT WILL BE GONE ENRTIRELY.. GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY ..JAZE

Tekka

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:09:49 AM »
Kelly,

I am a positive person but I had reservations prior to surgery, your right to be nervous this is a major major operation, but you have done all the research, you should by now be happy with your surgeon, and what is your alternative Kelly, your hip is not going to get better but you can bet it will get worse.

You will be fine....but just be carefull on what to expect, you may have a flawless recovery and wonder why you ever worried, but also be realistic, you may well have the odd flat day and be frustrated by it all, I know I did but they were few and far between. Try to make sure you have some help at hand early on, my wife was fantastic, although she says I tried to do everything and it would have been easier if I had relaxed and let her do things for me.

I remember a fellow hippie" Todd" saying something to me on day three of my recovery and it is so so relative...he said ENJOY THE SMALL IMPROVEMENTS, he was so right.

Good luck Kelly

Regards

Terry

LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

CeeJay15

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »
Hi Kelly -

I know exactly how you feel. Prior to my surgery I decided to watch a video of the actual surgery which I didn't want to admit at the time, freaked me out a bit.

When I got to the hospital for pre-op prep, my blood pressure was 161/110 - it's normally 125/75! However, the surgery went smoothly, I was released in 2 days and I am now at day 10 post op and feeling really good.

I get around with 1 crutch and I've backed off on the paid meds - 1/2 a percocet every 6 hours. My incision is a little sore, but my hip feels great.

You will be SO happy when you are on the other side - best of luck!!

cj
Carolyn
Right BHR Dr. Rector July 15, 2009

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
Hi Kelly

I want to wish you good luck with your upcoming surgery.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Your emotions will sometimes get the best of you and you will go up and down. That might happen after surgery too.  Major surgery is hard on our bodies and some people react emotionally too.  Hang in there and you will soon be out of pain.

Keep in touch when you can.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat