+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: What shoes are best to wear?  (Read 6421 times)

kmminer4

What shoes are best to wear?
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
I have a question for you people who like to be stylish yet smart about the best shoe to wear after hip resurfacing.I like to on occasion wear heels,not real high(2 or 3 inches thick heel) and not stilettos.Can we wear these after surgery or is this not recommended at all?(Sorry guys unless you wear heels,this question is for the ladies.)Are sneakers best or flats?I'm not a sneaker person unless I'm going to the gym or hiking.
Anyone have any input on this?
Kelly

UPwingnut

Re: What shoes are best to wear?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »
That's a great question that I don't have an answer to however, my feet are a mess (and not from wearing stilettos :o and I have orthotics. After surgery, the outside of my right foot has been swelling if I wear my shoes too long. Apparently, the hip surgery threw things off just enough, that I need to get refitted for orthotics. Pretty strange!!!
May 11, 2009; Dr. Michael Tressler; Green Bay, WI

JeanM

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:47:13 PM »
Hi Kelly,
I began wearing a medium heel at about 10-12 weeks post-op.  At about 5-6 months, I graduated to a higher heel.  I'm now 11 months post-op and I wear any size heels without a second thought.  No problem at all. 

Don't worry.  Stylish shoes are in your future!  Just take your time and be patient after surgery to let yourself heal. 

Jeanie
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/8-27-08

marie5

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »
Hi Kelly:
My right hip was resurfaced July 29, 2006.  Prior to pain returning (from what now appears to be bursitis), I had to be quite careful with my footwear.  It took me over a year to get comfortable again in heels.  I could wear heels (2 1/2" - 3") but only for a short time or I would suffer that evening during sleep and the next day.  So, I got into the habit of taking another pair of 'lower' shoes with me wherever I went and that did the trick.  I find that 3+" heels can be tricky - sometimes I will experience pain after the day or evening of wearing them.  I have since steered clear of the high high heels.  What my hip 'really' likes is a heel from 1 1/2" to 21/2" high - I can go all day and night with heels that height.

Good luck!!

John C

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:07:15 AM »
I have heard of people having shoe fetishes, but having a discussion about shoes in a topic area titled "Sex and Resurfacing" does seem a little on the strange side  ??? ::) :D
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

kmminer4

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »
Well I meant to put this question on another topic but was here and thought that new question would go on general questions but hey you are here answering to the post,so what do you think about which shoes are best to wear and if you must need to wear them during sex,well then that's your perogative but it might be too much information for the rest of us.LOL
 Next time I will be more aware which topic I am applying my post to.This is what happens when you get no sleep and you are up all hours of the night and having sex is not why I'm up all night either.Maybe it would help me sleep better.(Isnt That what all men say).I'm just teasing but I also did laugh when I saw where I had posted this post,so I'm surprised that no one has said anything earlier.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat