+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Different leg lengths?  (Read 1345 times)

Barbara

Different leg lengths?
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »
I can't believe that in 3 weeks I'll be 1 year post op right side and 10 months post op left side. The year has flown by. It's all still so fresh in my mind. I'm going to call my Drs office this week to schedule an appointment for my year follow up.
I am completely pain free on the right side and have been since 2 months post op. I still have pain on the left side but I think it's muscular as it goes down the full length of my leg to my toes. It is bad after work sometimes but my job is very physical at times and I think I need to change the area I work in. (I'm an RN) I think I might still have a lot of inflammation and the pain follows the path of sciatica.
I have a slight concern. My left leg feels longer than the right still. When I was last at PT (months ago) he said this was normal and measurements showed the difference to be approx 1/4 cm. It feels like more. He said it was most likely because there was still some inflammation on that side and it would gradually become unnoticeable. The last x-rays I had were normal. I have great range of motion in both joints.
Has anyone else had this problem with different leg lengths and pain at 9-10 months post op?
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

siamac

Re: Different leg lengths?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »
Barbara

Your PT is right;quite normal; it's either physical or mental! I had it and once I researched it I found that many people feel that way for a while after surgery. It sorts itself out eventually. By the way, 1/4 cm is only 1/10"; I doubt the PT can even measue that.

Regards.

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
Sorry, I meant 1/4 inch :)
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:37:03 PM »
Hi Barbara

Sometimes it takes people a year or more to heal.  Maybe the left side was in worse shape than the right since it was done last.  It worked harder during your recovery of the right side.  Hopefully, time will help heal the pain.  Have you thought of trying a lift in your shoe to see if it feels better? Just a thought.

Good Luck.  I hope things get better for your soon.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat