+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Night time aches  (Read 1982 times)

oxley

Night time aches
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
I am 4 weeks post op. I wake up several times during the night with pain. It seems as though my joint ceases up and aches. Once I move it around to lossen it up I am able to go back to sleep. Does anyone else experience this sensation?

Tekka

Re: Night time aches
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
Hi Oxley,

I can't remember having joint paint, but up until I could get rid of the stockings, I used to wake up most nights between 4-6am with the most painful cramp in my heel on my operated leg...I had to get out bed and walk round to ease it. Once the stockings came off things improved !!!

Is it on your operated leg and are you still wearing stockings!! just a thought.

I suppose your still early in your recovery and things are still settling down mate.

Hope things ease.

Best wishes

Terry

LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

oxley

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »
I was never told to wear stockings. My leg swelling only lasted less than a week. As long as I keep the leg moving it's ok but at night this is an impossible task and it feels like it's is ceased up.

ladler

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
tomorrow I hit 5 weeks  post op- I never wore stockings.  Up until a day or two ago my nite ache in the operated leg was enough to wake me up and keep me up- until I finally relented and just took a pain killer.  I did not even think about it until I saw your post- but the last two nites I have slept thru- you are just a few days behind me- so hopefully your nite pain will be vanishing quite soon as well/ lyn

John C

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »
I am about 15 months out now, and still have problems with pain at night. It is better than in the beginning, but since about six months out, it has settled into a pattern. Starting every night at around 4 AM, it starts to wake me up. If I roll onto my back, it goes away pretty quickly, but I just get short naps on my side, before needing to go back onto my back, for the rest of the night. It is livable, but I was hoping for pain free nights.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

oxley

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »
yes that's exactly it! I can only lay on my side for a short time and on my back  is fine. Only problem is that I hate sleeping on my back! Can't wait for things to g back to normal.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat