+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Happy 1 yr anniversary B.I.L.L.  (Read 3680 times)

wayne-0

Happy 1 yr anniversary B.I.L.L.
« on: September 24, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »
It is good to see you doing so good at this point after your surgery. I really look forward to our surf sessions on Thursday evenings after work. It just amazies me we can even stand up on a board after all we have been thru and how bad our hips were prior to surgery. See ya tomorrow. I think we should walk up to trestles tomorrow, what do you think.

Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Happy 1 yr anniversary B.I.L.L.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Happy Anniversary, too!

It is always great to hear about Surface Hippies being active and having fun.  Where are the photos?

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:29 AM »
Aloha Bill,

You must be all ready to make it here to Hawaii!!(you get here Oahu on the 7th?)  Current conditions, perfect 85 with a light trades to keep the humidity down..waves on the south side are 2-4 ssw but the west side running 7-10' surf and coming in strong..oh and did I mention that the N.S. is 12-15' and building into a solid swell..tomorrow will be a great day..might have to get some before you get here just to celebrate your one year! (and Wayne's and mine's coming ups soon!)  Guess your getting ready to give your one year speech...as I am getting mine prepared too.  Well, congratulations on your one year...and yes..post some pics!

Eric

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »
Thanks you guys !!  Yes the one year follow up is coming......

Hey Eric, yeah we get there late (7:00pm) on wed the 7th.  Not sure if I'm ready for 12'-15' north shore yet haha, guess we'll see. It's just water right ?   Was able to "Pop up" like normal on 7 or 8 waves last night.  Fuuny how I was struggling...struggling...struggling...and then once I jumped up one time I've been able to do it almost every time since. I've had about 9-10 "normal" takeoffs now  8)   Still some pain and swelling afterward but I have the confidence to surf better waves now, and went from the 10' tanker to my 9.0'  regular longboard.  Watched Wayne-O get some fun ones the last couple times out too.
Switchfoot, bottom turns, th whole deal, good stuff ;D 

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 09:00:09 AM »
Wayne,

Our one year is coming up..sounds like all is going well for you!  As mentioned to you, very impressed you did both on the same day or week..can't imagine waking up and having both legs/hips done..

Bill, I know your scoring some good surf..conditions have been perfect for waves! 

My doctor gave me full release at my 11 month check up, come back next year and I am his poster child!  Will write more on my anniversary day but recovery has been excellent here and I am loving it!

Eric

wayne-0

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:30:30 PM »
Eric, One yr is coming up quickly. Boy has it flown by or what. I'm stoked that your kiting again, everyday you must be like a kid in a candy store. I'm thinking about learning to kite do you think I should or should I stick with windsurfing at this point? Bill picture text me two nights ago of him riding what looked like a very fun right hander some where on Oahu. Hope this week brings good waves and wind for ya.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
Hey you guys, Hawaii was awesome, if I could afford to move to the north shore I'd go tomorrow. Waikiki you can have, don't care if I ever go back there haha.  Wayne-O your about a week out from your 1 year anniversary, stop working so much and take a day off to surf !
Stayed at turtle bay and just surfed outin front of the hotel. Fun waves for a couple days.  Came home on an aircraft carrier and had an awesome vacation 8)  I posted a couple pics in "Recovery Issues"
See ya.      
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:56:03 AM by B.I.L.L. »

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
Aloha Bill,

Sounds like you had a great trip and your hip is sounding good..Nice pictures you posted too..that must of been a thrill to be on the carrier, oh and to do Turtle bay!

Eric 8)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat