+-

Author Topic: Groin pain after 18 months of surgery  (Read 3257 times)

Randij

Groin pain after 18 months of surgery
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »
I have had groin pain for 18 months. I first had arthoscopic surgery, and then had a hip resurfacing Oct. 2008. The problem is when I adduct. I experience a sharp pain which will occaisonally make me cry out. I have been in PT since Nov. 08. I now see the therapist once a week. If I go a week without therapy I am in terrible pain.  I have had shots in my ilospoaos tendon. Which relielved me for a short while. The last of the 3 shots did nothing. My surgeon said the x-rays look fine and has suggested surgery. He hopes the tendon can be released because of scar tissue or the problem may be that the tendon is floating over the cup. My life before the resurfacing (tramatic injury) was quite active. I can't even work. It seems I have done all I can do ( after much research). I trust my surgeon and he actually is refered other patients whose surgery hasn't been a success and corrects them. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks Randi

John C

Re: Groin pain after 18 months of surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:00:15 AM »
If it were me, prior to another surgery, I would want to have some high level imagery done (MRI or CAT scan, not just x-ray). I would have this looked at both by the surgeon that you are using, and by at least one or two other top surgeons to see if you get confirming opinions. Some of the top resurfacing surgeons will look at images, and give you an opinion, without charge. It would be nice to have a clear plan of action before going into another surgery, if that is possible. Good luck.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Randij

Re: Groin pain after 18 months of surgery
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »
Thank you for the input. I'm scheduled to see the surgeon the end of Oct. I'll ask him then about MRI,etc. Randi

Recent Posts

Re: viruses, and resurfacing by zippymon213
October 19, 2021, 05:42:06 PM

Re: Dr. Pritchard - week November 1, by catfriend
October 18, 2021, 06:08:25 PM

Re: Completed the 2021 Boston Marathon by LarryBud
October 18, 2021, 10:43:42 AM

Dr. Pritchard - week November 1, by gray horse
October 17, 2021, 04:16:50 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear