+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: When Can I go Out  (Read 1841 times)

pamela1130

When Can I go Out
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
Hi, I am 2weeks tomorrow since my operation.  I was feeling pretty good, so I went to my office for about an hour and I think it was a mistake.  My leg started pulling and I got very tired and had to come home.  It was easy getting into the car (I was driven) on the way but on the way back I was tired and it was difficult to get in.   I didn't realize being out for an hour would be such a big deal.  I feel like I just want to stay home and rest.  When can I start back to work?  I am trying to do some work from home now.  I went to bed last night at 8:00!!  My mind is anxious to get back to work, but the body isn't as ambitious.  How long were you out of work?  PS  I am able to come and go as I want from work and it is all phone and desk work.  Pam 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: When Can I go Out
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »
Hi Pam

Only your own body and your own surgeon will tell you when you can return to work  You should get approval from your doctor first.  Then you will have to wait until your body heals enough and your strength returns.  No one can tell you when that will happen.  Some people are back to a good energy level in a few weeks to 6 weeks. Others take 6 months and some 1 year.  We are all different.  THere is no crystal ball to look at - just listen to your body.  

2 weeks post op is very early to try to return to work for most people.  A few have return quickly, but most wait 4-6 weeks or more.  When their surgeon releases them for work and they are able to sustain their energy.  Look at the poll where people told when they returned to work  http://surfacehippy.info/hiptalk/index.php?topic=1016.0;viewResults

Take it easy and be patient.  Your mind can not make your body heal quicker.  A positive attitude helps, but it is not the driving force in your body healing.  Each body has it's own rate of recovery.

Pat
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:22:47 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
Pam,

Like Pat said, you might have to wait a few weeks..... do you have an option to telecomute?

You really have to take it easy, if you have an accident this early you will stand a big chance at a femoral neck fracture.

2 weeks post op is really early.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

pamela1130

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
Oh thanks for your reply.  I thought it was me, but 4 weeks makes more sense.  I'm going to shoot for that.  Thanks again, pam

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
Pam,

You are beginning to sound like a type "A".   ;)

Good luck on getting back to work @ 4 weeks post-op--- some people are able to do that without a problem.

Chuck

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM