+-

Author Topic: Hip resurfacing in Minnesota  (Read 978 times)

Lex Sweeney

Hip resurfacing in Minnesota
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »
I am 56-years old and new to this wonderful site. I would like to hear from  women, ages 50 - 65, who have had hip resurfacing in Minnesota.  I would love to know about your surgeon and your experience. I am from the Twin Cities area and because of insurance considerations need to have surgery before the Jan. 1, 2010.  I am getting some resistance from one doctor and mixed messages from others.  The more I research, the more questions I have.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Hip resurfacing in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
Hi

My suggestions would be to go to Dr. Rogerson in WI    He is very pro hip resurfacing and very expeirnced.  He has a rehab facility like Dr. De Smet's in Belgium that gets you in the water soon after surgery.  Really helps recovery.

John S. Rogerson, MD - BHR trained 2006
425 Hip Resurfacings to date ***
2 Science Court Suite 101
Madison, WI 53711
Phone (608) 231-3410
Fax (608) 231-3430
Email:jrjb@charterinternet.com
http://www.orthorogerson.com
Meriter Hospital

His video on his interview page is very informative  http://www.surfacehippy.info/doctorinterviews/rogersoninterview.php

Keep with the really experinced resurfacing surgeons since many don't want to do older women.  As if 56 is old!  I had mine done at 61.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Lex Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Thanks, I will check Dr. Rogerson out.  But it would not be easy for me to travel to and from Madison.  Logistical problems.

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
There are a few folks on this site who went to Dr Palmer in Stillwater and have had great results.

Lex Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:26 AM »
I would love to hear from people who have had hip resurfacing done by Dr. Palmer.  Coincidentally I have a first appointment with him on Tues., Nov. 3.  He is asking that I  get a bone scan after the initial visit.  His policy is not to do resurfacing on women over 55.  I am hoping I am the woman who breaks that convention.  Have been athletic and active all of my life, but wish I wasn't getting so much resistance from his office.  I guess it's a case by case evaluation.  Will report after the visit.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats