+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6am resurfacing tomorrow morning with Dr. Mont  (Read 5060 times)

daddys_hip

6am resurfacing tomorrow morning with Dr. Mont
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:03 PM »
Hi everyone.

I am getting my first hip resurface at 6am in the morning from Dr Mont, I am in baltimore now.  I want to keep you posted about my surgery and recovery.

Looking forward to a quick and easy recovery.  Will keep everyone up to date.

Wish me luck!

Steve
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:40:41 PM by Pat Walter »
Dr. Mont Nov 4th 2009 Stryker Cormet,, R. Hip
Dr. Mont Jan 11th 2010 Stryker Accolate Revision R. Hip

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 6am resurfacing tomorrow morning with Dr. Mont
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »
Hi Steve

Good Luck tomorrow.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Will look forward to reading about your new hip and your recovery.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

daddys_hip

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »
Thanks ,, about to sugical scrub now, have 6 towels for each part of the body and one dedicated to the surgical site,, I have researched this for so long,, I hope this is the right thing to do,, I have suffered 22 years and its time,,

thanks and I will update as I can ,, I want to feed as much infor from this place as I can to all of you , if anyone has any questions for Dr Mont ask and I will ask him and post,,

Steven

mpschrader

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »
Hey Steven,
The hardest part is the anxious drive to the hospital in the morning.  You absolutely did the right thing.  I'm only 15 days post- op and I'm already having a hard time keeping the smile off of my face.  I had forgotten what "no pain" feels like.
Best of luck,
Mark

Lisa M.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
Hi Steven, All the way to the hospital the day of my surgery I kept telling my Husband that I thought I was rushing into things. I did not think that my pain was really all that bad. It thought I should cancel the surgery and reconsider in a few more years. No one was buying it. I had a pretty bad limp prior to surgery. I am now six weeks out and looking back the pain was awful. You do not realize how much you are suffering until the pain is gone. I am like Mark, thrilled and excited to get on with my life pain free.
This is absolutely the right thing. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
-Lisa
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:08:16 PM by Lisa M. »
-Lisa M.
LBHR 9/22/2009-Dr.Pritchett-Seattle

daddys_hip

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »
thanks everyone, I will keep you posted,, I have tried to change my mind 30 times but no one is buying it,,  I need this for me too now,, I went to Dr Gross and now Dr Mont and both are great surgeons,, I did want a different approach and I also wanted the componet cemented on,, Not sure if all this matters but here we go,, I just pray it will turn out great, I asked him today ,, Dont make me worse,, please,, I can live like this if I have to forever,, doing nothing ( for sure ) and I told him I dont care how many folks watch Dr Mont I waited 22 years I want you to do it,, .. I like him a lot,, he was very busy and did not have a lot of time but I had asked him and Jill and Teri ,, 3000 questions  before I got here,, so , here we go,, all scrubbed up and ready for bed and 5 am ,, talk to you all when I can see the keyboard to type,, very soon I hope,,
Steve

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »
thanks everyone, I will keep you posted,, I have tried to change my mind 30 times but no one is buying it,,  I need this for me too now,, I went to Dr Gross and now Dr Mont and both are great surgeons,, I did want a different approach and I also wanted the componet cemented on,, Not sure if all this matters but here we go,, I just pray it will turn out great, I asked him today ,, Dont make me worse,, please,, I can live like this if I have to forever,, doing nothing ( for sure ) and I told him I dont care how many folks watch Dr Mont I waited 22 years I want you to do it,, .. I like him a lot,, he was very busy and did not have a lot of time but I had asked him and Jill and Teri ,, 3000 questions  before I got here,, so , here we go,, all scrubbed up and ready for bed and 5 am ,, talk to you all when I can see the keyboard to type,, very soon I hope,,
Steve

"Don't make me worse,, please,, I can live like this if I have to forever,, doing nothing"
 :D :D :D

I think 24 hours from now you are going to be pleasantly surprised 8)
Post when you can and Good luck !!

Bierhead

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
Good Luck! Just know that you are in great hands!! Can't wait to hear how things go!
LHR /Wright C+/ Dr.Mont/ May 14, 2009

bstayton

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
Best of luck to you! Am anxious to hear of your successful outcome. I am actually just completing my new patient questionnaire for Dr. Mont as I type this note. I think we chose wisely!

brad

daddys_hip

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 07:27:52 PM »
first time back on you guys,, sorry it took so long,, this has been unreal hard,, God who sad this was easy ,, it went tell and was done good with me habing AVN for 22 years but the pain is beyond hurt,, laying in room 358 at rubin right now,, I had a touch or Atrial fib last night which was well documented and I had copies of papers to hand to cardo when she came ot see me but still wanted me on cadio floor and just got back upi hour or show ago,,   I have made up my mind on this,, Makes no sense to do them both when the only thing I can wallk on is my left hip and left now,, I am still dragging the right one,, Had a day setback with the cardio and PT,, I think am coimg hime and do it hwne tis ones feels great,,   I cam alone and that has been a lot harder than I would ever imagine,, I was awake Wed Mon and felt both componets hammered in ,, I told the girl,, make me a little more sleepy ,, it was amazing after waiting for this long to have a new hip joint,, I hope I can make it work wonderful ,, My ortho was totally agaist this but I told him I had to try I can always do a THR later but hey ,, ,maybe this tiings works for long time,, sorry if any missspelled and I can hardly see this keyboard,, its been a long painful day ,, I will tell you all things only someone that has been here will when I get home,, oh the menu is unreall, but who the heck feels like eating,,  but amazing how week its all laid out,, I will tell you aout a place across the street I said for 40 bucks and is like a hospitalktty house the first night,, it was great..

Sorry again it took so long but in 3 short days I have been in pre op OR, Post op, 306, 218 and now in 358 back on the ortho floor,, I have thought about having Gross the second one  but I do like the cement on AVN... ask me anything,,
Steven

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about all the problems.  Let's hope everything will go better now.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep in touch when you can.

Hopefully things will be much better soon.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

pamela1130

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 09:48:36 PM »
Hi Steve:  Like Pat said, you are in our thoughts and prayers.  I hope you are feeling better.  Take care, Pam

daddys_hip

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
Woke tiis morning to feeling like oh gosh another long hard day then I said,, dont let them do anything for you ,, I have to do it,, so when OC came in I put my own socks on with tool my underwear and shorts and a t-shirt,, First time no hosp gown in 4 days,, I had to feel human today ,, sitting in a PT room lloking down the hall across nursing station where I can see everyone and see out the window,,  I feel better than I have since I hit this place,, this is a beauful place,, Last night when they moved me off telemitry they moved me to the special unit they use at Rubin for speicalized ortho care post op.. I still am not sure about the second one,, the PT manager was in this moring and I told her and she said you will have let Dr Mont know that soon as they will change the entire plan for your recovery if you plan to go home after this one and recover,, BEST ADVISE,, folks if you come here dont come alone,, family is worthi its weigh in gold when it comes to being down like this,, they took drain tube out yesterday and I do have some swelling in my right thigh unlke yesterday.. not bad but all normal ,, like the PT girl said they just did go in there and saw and champer and drill holes and molest the bone well so its all normal.. I feel a lot better today ,, I want the other one done so bad but it will be so hard with no famly with me and the set backs with Atrial Fib and such ,, my pressure always runs low so you can imagine how that has been a pain for them to manage too ,, Hope you all are doing good and will keep all up to day ,, Please ask me anything ,, like I told my son last night,, 1 down baby  boy,,

obxpelican

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
Glad to hear that you're feeling well, having the heart issues I am sure ends up complicating things. 

One bit of advice, try to stay up as long as possible, don't lay around in your bed, if they get you up on crutches go for as long as your body will allow you to. 

I am sorry to hear you don't have your family with you, that makes it harder I am sure.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

daddys_hip

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »
Thanks Chuck, I said today I am not getting back in that bed until I have to .. I do have to sit in a chair but later today PT wants to walk me more down the hall and such ,, they did walk me to bathroom this morning just to practice and all.. Yea they heart thing even minor they take it so seriious after surgery .. that really set me back laying in that bed all day doing nothing.. both kids in college and I need to let them do their thing,, son has 12 days before he grads as engineer so no way was I letting him come,, it it hard when you are alone as the little things arent done,, They small things the nurses take as a hassel and such ,, of course so far they dont seem to care what they have to do ,,  I hope these resurface are as good as they say they are,, a Fellow from Mont came in yesterday and I told him,, I am scared I am going to make the cup slip or something,, said NOPE its as good as its going to get in there ,, just dont dislocate it and you will not doing what the PT teaches you at first ..

Steven

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
Hi Steven

I am glad to hear things are going better for you.  It is best the don't take any heart problems lightly.  Best to be conservative.

You will begin to feel better and better as the days go by.  You will have plateaus where you feel like you are not improving, then all of a sudden you will feel and do better.  You have a long way to go, so be patient and listen to your body.  If it hurts, don't do it.  Be patient and you will soon be getting around easily and without pain. Get this hip healed and feel better before you go forward to a second if you are having questions about the second hip.  Take you time until you can think clearly.  You have been thru major surgery and your thinking and emotions are all upset and not sharp.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

mpschrader

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
Hi Steven,
Where did you travel to Baltimore from?  When do you go home?

daddys_hip

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
South Carolina,, I live 60 miles from Dr Gross Office,, I was not sure about the uncemented femoral compotent,, I liked Dr Gross a lot,, He is the one that gave me Dr Mont name to ck on Anterior approach ..

daddys_hip

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »
Thanks Pat your words ring so true,, It has been a lot to go through and the left is the best one,, I would like to rethink it all and heal and such.. if not for the low bp and Atrial Fib that flairs up from no where I think I might feel better,, but being here alone and such makes it even more difficult,,, I am thinking about it all,, I feel really good today .. I tried to stop taking pain med on day 3.. NOT a GOOD IDEA.. PT says you will never heal without pain meds,, I might have repeated this but hey I get to plea nutty having been here through all this,, unreal how good it feels to have a new hip after 22 years then you have the fear ,, oh gosh if I move I am going to mess it up.. they are helping me with all that ..

stevel

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
Hi Steven,

My roommate at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in Manhattan, NYC also had a cardiologist for his second total knee replacement.  I had a Dr. of Internal Medicine visit me every AM.  I didn't have any significant heart issues, so I presume I didn't need a cardiologist.
I also considered Dr. Mont, but I wanted the posterior approach surgery. I also wanted the BHR, so I went with Dr. Su who does the posterior surgery and mostly installs the BHR.
I had my two sisters visit me twice daily during my four day stay in the hospital.  They were returning from a vacation in Maine, so I coordinated my surgery date with their return travel. Fortunately, no complications occurred, but I had some back-up anyway.
May your recovery go smoothly.

BTW, what device did you get?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:07:05 PM by stevel »
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone