+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Has anyone had to deal with hetero topic ossification after surgery ?  (Read 1647 times)

Tony

Has anyone developed hetero topic ossification after hip resurfacing? I had my left hip done in May 09 and have had trouble with ROM. After a recent x ray it was found that I have bone growing in the soft muscle tissue around the hip. I just had my right hip resurfaced Oct. 5th and they shot it with radiation to kill the cells that want to grow bone in your muscles. So hopefully that will take care of the right hip. They said we may have to go back in and remove bone in the left hip with another op. Right now we are trying some medicines to help. After only three weeks post op my right hip ROM has caught up with my left. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this problem and if you had to have an Op to remove the bones or what was done ? Welcoming any thoughts.

jjiam

Re: Has anyone had to deal with hetero topic ossification after surgery ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:22:21 PM »
Yes see my post it explains why my doctor said it forms

Tony

Re: Has anyone had to deal with hetero topic ossification after surgery ?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
jjiam, Thank you for your info. Your situation sounds awful. I don't believe mine is quite that severe. I wish you much luck and relief from your pain. I still welcome anyone else's input on this subject especially if you had to deal with this or know someone who has.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear