+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Left Hip- Dr. Gross Moday 11-16-09  (Read 1336 times)

DonC

Left Hip- Dr. Gross Moday 11-16-09
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »
I'm now a hippie for one week. Here's my story.

11-13  Met with Dr. Gross and Lee Web. Lee Webb said my left hip was one of the worst limitations of movement she had ever seen.
11-16  Day of surgery. The worst part by far is the anticipaction leading up to this day. We arrived at 8:00 am and went smoothly into admisson. They started an intravenous and got oxygen going. I was given some sedative that calmed me down nicely. I was also given anti-nausea meds that worked perfectly as I never once felt sick. I recieved a spinal (painless) and then 'lights out'. It seems like I immediatly awoke and the nurse said "all done, time to wake up". This was around 3:30.

My lower body was completely numb and had no pain or discomfort what so ever. Back in my room still groggy but they brought in dinner around 6:00 and it was meatloaf with mashed potatoes. I was actually hungry and ate about half. (I could never pass up meatloaf!)

11-17  Still no pain. Taking hydrocodone and tylenol for pain. Removed the cathiter (easy and fast) then got me up on crutches and went for a walk. No problem and NO pain.

11-18 Met with Dr. Gross and he said everything was good and I was discharged by 12:00 noon. My wife and I checked into the hotel in the parking lot. We had reserved the handicap room with a walk in shower. I felt dizzy and Light headed so I decided to stop taking the hydrocodone. I had no pain and wanted to see if I could go just on the tylenol.
11-19  Felt much better without the hydrocodone in my system. Did my exercizes and took a shower. Feeling much better.

11-20 Still no pain. Drove to a hotel closer to the airport stayed the night and flew home the next day.

I'm amazed at how pain free the whole ordeal was.

I believe Dr. Gross has a system down that works wonderfully. The entire event went as smoothly as it possible and I highly recommend Dr. Gross and his team.

Thanks Surface hippy for all the great information!

Don C

obxpelican

• ~Welcome to SixBurgh~
Re: Left Hip- Dr. Gross Moday 11-16-09
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
This is very similar to what I went through.... it amazes me the people who say they were in really bad pain post-op.  Could be the technique of the doctor, could be the meds that Gross injects into your spine, maybe a combo of both.

It's rare that you find a Dr. Gross hippy who had severe pain post-op.

Glad to hear that you're doing well.

Chuck

I'm now a hippie for one week. Here's my story.

11-13  Met with Dr. Gross and Lee Web. Lee Webb said my left hip was one of the worst limitations of movement she had ever seen.
11-16  Day of surgery. The worst part by far is the anticipaction leading up to this day. We arrived at 8:00 am and went smoothly into admisson. They started an intravenous and got oxygen going. I was given some sedative that calmed me down nicely. I was also given anti-nausea meds that worked perfectly as I never once felt sick. I recieved a spinal (painless) and then 'lights out'. It seems like I immediatly awoke and the nurse said "all done, time to wake up". This was around 3:30.

My lower body was completely numb and had no pain or discomfort what so ever. Back in my room still groggy but they brought in dinner around 6:00 and it was meatloaf with mashed potatoes. I was actually hungry and ate about half. (I could never pass up meatloaf!)

11-17  Still no pain. Taking hydrocodone and tylenol for pain. Removed the cathiter (easy and fast) then got me up on crutches and went for a walk. No problem and NO pain.

11-18 Met with Dr. Gross and he said everything was good and I was discharged by 12:00 noon. My wife and I checked into the hotel in the parking lot. We had reserved the handicap room with a walk in shower. I felt dizzy and Light headed so I decided to stop taking the hydrocodone. I had no pain and wanted to see if I could go just on the tylenol.
11-19  Felt much better without the hydrocodone in my system. Did my exercizes and took a shower. Feeling much better.

11-20 Still no pain. Drove to a hotel closer to the airport stayed the night and flew home the next day.

I'm amazed at how pain free the whole ordeal was.

I believe Dr. Gross has a system down that works wonderfully. The entire event went as smoothly as it possible and I highly recommend Dr. Gross and his team.

Thanks Surface hippy for all the great information!

Don C

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Left Hip- Dr. Gross Moday 11-16-09
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »
Congratulations on the new hip.  Dr. Gross and team do a great job. Thanks for posting and letting us know how things are going.

Good Luck and be patient.  It will all come together soon.  You have a good start on your recovery.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Statcounter

View My Stats