+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BHR Implant Device  (Read 3907 times)

synthetic

Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BHR Implant Device
« on: December 06, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
Greetings,

I am having issues with with my Resurfacing and was wondering how you would go about locating the Lot Number and Part Number of the implants I received.  Their is a BHR recall that coincides with my surgery date and I want to determine if that is the reason I am having trouble.  Thanks.  

See Lot # and Part # at this link:

http://www.surfacehippy.info/recallbhr.php
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:40:59 PM by synthetic »

muzza

Re: Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BGR Implant Device
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
Very disappointing to hear of such a serious stuff up. Smith and Nephew need to review their quality control system urgently. I've got two BHRs and it doesn't give me a great deal of confidence that something else might have slipped through as well. There should be no margin for error in medical prosthetics - zero defects.  I should imagine they'll be up for a few law suits.

Your surgeon will have the lot and part numbers for your device; at least he should have.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:32:59 PM by muzza »

synthetic

Re: Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BGR Implant Device
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
Thanks Muzza.

Yes I was told that it may be migrating and that I may have to get a THR.  I am 38 years old and was very discouraged to hear this.  I've looked through all of the related paper work and didn't find it.  I'll have call up there and see, but was looking for a specific name of a document or something if anyone knew.  I've heard some mention the surgical report or operation report or something along those lines. 

wierdwood

Re: Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BHR Implant Device
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
Call the hospital and ask for a copy of the post op report. They are required by law to give it to you. It will have the serial #'s and size of the implant.

Fred

muzza

Re: Locating Lot Number and Part Number of BHR Implant Device
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I just noticed the recall was back in June 2007.  I feel sure that you would have been contacted if one of the defective devices had been implanted in you. If the supplier and surgeons/hospitals had the necessary identification and traceability systems, then this would have been a simple recall to manage. Only ten devices affected; simply recall those not used, and then establish what patients received the others. If supplier/ surgeon/hospital records failed to enable this, then the offenders should have been hung drawn and quartered.

I doubt very much that you have one of the affected devices. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Best wishes
Neil
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:03:57 PM by muzza »

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz