+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hi to all. I introduce myself  (Read 2629 times)

marinheiro

Hi to all. I introduce myself
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »
Hi to all,

I'm a 31 years old from Italy, and had my right hip operated last 18/11 by Dr. Ribas, in Barcelona (you maybe could contact him too for your interviews, or you only interview doctors who work in the USA?).
The surgery was necessary as i had femoracetabular impingement. I also have impingement on the other side, but no arthrosis, so i can manage to avoid the replacement, i hope.

I'm a capoeirsta since 2000, and have been a judoka before.
For those who don't know, capoeira is a brazilian martial art, whose activity can be assimilated to that of tae-kwon-do (very roughly), plus throws.

Right after my surgery i have been sleeping much better than before. :D
Almost no pain, and now i am pain free.
Today i start my PT, as the doctor told me to perform the simple PT they made on me in the hospital, and walk, until week 3 was over.

AFTER the surgery, he told me that there are the conditions to get back doing everything i did before, even somersaults and acrobatics :D
Of course, i have to be patient and strict in my rehab.

I am following instructions quite strictly so i am confident, as it seems to get better quite fast.
Everyday i would like my doctor who says 'dont worry, you will soon get better than before', but i have to stay strong and have faith in the steps i do everyday.
And i have, as right now, except it doesnt work much, my hip doesnt hurt, and  before surgery it was almost costant pain.

Hello to all!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Hi to all. I introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
Hi marinheiro

Welcome to Hip Talk.

Congratulations on the new hip.  Sounds like your recovery is doing well.

I hope when you get back to being active and doing your martial arts - you will send us some photos.  Of course, it will be awhile, but I like to post photos of hip resurfacing athletes in action.

You are very young and are lucky to have had a hip resurfacing.  Take it easy during your recovery.  Don't push until you are further along.  You will have a great summer this coming year.

Thanks for telling us about your surgery in Italy. I list doctors from all over the world, but they need to have done at least 100 hip resurfacings and I need all their contact information.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

marinheiro

Re: Hi to all. I introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »
I hope you're right about this summer :)
No problem about the photos, i am looking forward to be able to practice again, and brag about it :D

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat