+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blood clots formed both legs 5 weeks post Op.  (Read 7705 times)

DonC

Blood clots formed both legs 5 weeks post Op.
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »
Left hip done November 16. Everything was going exceptionally well. Last thursday Dec. 17 I had reached my goal of 1 mile using a cane only. That evening I felt a pain in the calf of my un-operated leg. The next morning the pain persisted in both my calf and the inner thigh. My operated left side had no pain at all. I became concerned and by 11 am I decided to have it checked. My Doctor said it did not seem like a clot but sent me for an ultra sound just in case and did both legs while we're at it. I was shocked when they said I had clots in both legs. I was instructed to get up off the table and go straight to the emergency room!!!

I was released from the hospital today, December 22. (Just in time for Christmas) I was given Lovenox injections combined with Coumadin. I'm now Taking just Coumadin and will continue for 3 to 6 months. Leg is pretty painful and walking is once again difficult. (still pain free in my operated left side).

I wonder what caused this to occur? Did I walk too much? Everthing was going so well and this is a very upsetting event that really set me back. All I can say is thank God I didn't wait to have it checked out.

DonC

PS...Merry Chritmas to all!!

obxpelican

Re: Blood clots formed both legs 5 weeks post Op.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
I read somewhere where some people are just more susceptible to clots because of the makeup of their blood.

It sure sounds like you stayed active enough with walking and all, it's funny but now even if I sit on my lazy boy I do foot pumps to keep blood clots away by habit.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Bocky

Re: Blood clots formed both legs 5 weeks post Op.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:47:57 PM »
Were you on Coumadin after surgery and during this time prior to the blood clots?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat