+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Supercross starts 1-9-10  (Read 4855 times)

B.I.L.L.

Supercross starts 1-9-10
« on: January 08, 2010, 01:35:03 AM »
Looking forward to cruising the pits pain free for the first time in about 8 years. Any SX fans out there ?   Go Villopoto !!

larry2458

Re: Supercross starts 1-9-10
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »
Looking forward to cruising the pits pain free for the first time in about 8 years. Any SX fans out there ?   Go Villopoto !!
what bike(s) have you got ?? i had triumphs before it got to painful to sling my leg over  !!
lbmh 16th october 2008

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »
Looking forward to cruising the pits pain free for the first time in about 8 years. Any SX fans out there ?   Go Villopoto !!
what bike(s) have you got ?? i had triumphs before it got to painful to sling my leg over  !!

What years do you own ?   We ride mostly in the dirt, as of right now the fleet consists consists of these

05 yz250       Me
06 crf250       Son
90cr250         Wife
93cr250         Daughter
08ttr110         Pottybike
89trx250        Sandtoy
83atc200x      Baja beach Cruza   ;D

Were are you at ?  We go to ocotillo wells quite a bit cause its close , heres the yz & a view of the camp

My 18 yr old having fun on the 110

I did a couple 3 hr trail rides a couple weeks ago and my hip was good, hell it outlasted my knee,  ....so there ya go! I love going out there, next trip is the 22nd-24. When did you ride last ? 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:01:57 PM by B.I.L.L. »

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »
Jake Weimer won the 250f's followed by Ryan Morais who made a late race charge nut never was really a threat.  Dungey led for 15 laps before being passed by Stewart who looked like he was just cruising and being patient, he had more speed in reserve.  Windham was 3rd, pretty good for the "old guy" in the field.  Anyone else following the series ?  Anyone even care ??  haha I'll post results from each round if there is an interest 8) See ya, Bill

larry2458

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 03:59:27 AM »
Looking forward to cruising the pits pain free for the first time in about 8 years. Any SX fans out there ?   Go Villopoto !!
what bike(s) have you got ?? i had triumphs before it got to painful to sling my leg over  !!

What years do you own ?   We ride mostly in the dirt, as of right now the fleet consists consists of these

05 yz250       Me
06 crf250       Son
90cr250         Wife
93cr250         Daughter
08ttr110         Pottybike
89trx250        Sandtoy
83atc200x      Baja beach Cruza   ;D

Were are you at ?  We go to ocotillo wells quite a bit cause its close , heres the yz & a view of the camp

My 18 yr old having fun on the 110

I did a couple 3 hr trail rides a couple weeks ago and my hip was good, hell it outlasted my knee,  ....so there ya go! I love going out there, next trip is the 22nd-24. When did you ride last ? 

its a fair old fleet then !!i always wanted a norton commando but suppose there's still time.i'm in the uk and its covered in snow at the moment and bloody cold.
lbmh 16th october 2008

gazza

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
Bill
I have to say I envy you and your fine collection of bikes.  It is quite difficult to find somewhere to ride here in the uk (midlands area).  I have tried green laning but most of the other countryside users hate bikers and are straight on the phone to the police, even though we are riding quite legally.  I had a section 59 (next time caught have bike confiscated and crushed) issued a couple of years back after being hunted down with a police helicopter for riding on some waste land miles away from any houses etc.  Anyway, back to the super cross.  I have satellite TV, but have not found any racing being shown as yet, I’m sure we’ll get it eventually. Watched the FIM motorcross championship from Italy on Saturday (not sure how old that round was).
I have now given up riding dirt bikes and just ride a Yamaha R1 on the road, but with the amount of speed camera popping up everywhere, its only a matter of time before I hang the boots up for good (after 34 years). Perhaps I should move to the USA (I’m sure the better weather would suit me as well as the amount of riding opportunities available).
Keep posting the pictures, there’re great.
Gaz
LBHR 03 Nov 2009 Mr T.M. Abuzakuk  Derby, England

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:26:47 AM »
Hey Larry & Gazza, thanks for the kind words, I feel very lucky to live in southern ca. and be able to ride year round.  Larry I hope you find the time to get that Norton.  I race motocross with an over 40 MX club called the Oldtimers, the have 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 year old classes.
Anyone who is 80 and still racing gets a free membership and the class is called "80 Expert", no matter how slow you are haha. Right now there are 3 guys over 80 that still race on a regular basis, one guy has 2 fake knees and another has a thr. They say their Dr.s tell them there out of there minds, but why quit now you made it this far :o They are inspirational to say the least...

Gazza, Section 59 ? your bike confiscated and crushed ?  Oh man thats cold blooded right there what a heartless bunch of bastards your cops must be, ouch !!   I thought they were cracking down around here, guess its not so bad. You'd think they have better things to do with a helicopter... Sounds like maybe renting a bike is a good idea for you, just in case you get caught again :D,

SX Round 2 was in arizona. Weimer won the 250 class with Morais in 2nd just like last week.  The 450 class had some drama, Reed and Stewart got together and both went down, Reed is out for who knows how long with a hand injury, and Stewart (who was landed on in his heat race and had to ride the last chance qualifier) was near the back of the pack and went into the pits after the race to confront Reed and pushed his bike off the stand....hahaha too funny, I love rivalries!!
Ryan Dungey got his 1st win in the 450 class and took over the points lead. Next week they're back at Anaheim. It looks to be a mud race since its supposed to rain here all week. Were going back the desert that weekend, hoping it rains during the week out there and clears up for us on the weekend. I'll try to get some more riding pictures. See Ya in cyberspace, Bill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat