+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Daddys Back - Feelin good..  (Read 1969 times)

daddys_hip

Daddys Back - Feelin good..
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
Got me in around 12 on Monday it all went well,, I dont know if you all know but I came back up to Dr. Mont, Sitting up today and yesterday,, seems spasms worse than anything but I tell you this pain is a fraction of the other pain. No not a cup of tea but easier to move and getting up on my own and walking already,, Had a lot to do with knowing what to expect. Dr Mont says no way it should have failed,, looked great in there and post op xays what he looks for,, Says THR took about 30 min then needed to close it,, More swelling this time in my leg  but hey I just had this sucked done 9 week ago,, They need to give me a Metal of Honor for sure,,   I will probally go home friday to some home rehab,, A clinic there is great but no more home and out-pt I had rather not have any,,

Asked him about the other one,, left,, he said if you think PT cracked it I have no problem with a resurface there,, everything points to it should have stayed there 25 years the way you had recovered and all ,, Told him let me get home and think it over,, not sure I want to take a chance like that in any event,, this pain is no fun,,

BUT,,

I am back and feeling good,, getting there with every step.. Told lady in hall I knew from last time here I am not looking back but I am 2 days looking ahead,, lots of that probally pain meds talking hehehehe  but I have no option I have to go forward,, Does not seem they are as flipped out about this one,, they are letting me get up,, walkin,, put right and left in front of each other,, things they did not do with the resurface,, maybe cause they know you get only one chance with it,, sure sometimes soon they will find a way around a lot of the downfalls we have to suffer now,, If so we will have served our duty ,, Gosh a heck of a price to pay ,, Hey where is my duty check,, lol This surgery is a Miracle,, if you can have it have it,, again my home Ortho said no way take the chance but I owed it to myself to do so ,, I hate to know something stupid may have caused it to fail,,  

PAT `` It was Stryker to match Stryker as the acetabular componet was grown in good, no damage to it, and I walked on that thing like 5 days and flew up here.. I was hoping it was not damaged Got up from Airplane seat and it clicked over to the right like 2" I was scared it was going to pop out my leg,,

thanks for the support you all ,,
Steve
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:40:09 PM by daddys_hip »
Dr. Mont Nov 4th 2009 Stryker Cormet,, R. Hip
Dr. Mont Jan 11th 2010 Stryker Accolate Revision R. Hip

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Daddys Back - Feelin good..
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:40:57 PM »
Steve

Glad to hear everything went well and you are on the mend.  Let's hope this goes well for you - you deserve it.  It is terrible to be going thru this again, but as you said - you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other  ;D   as soon as you can!

We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully, every time we hear from you it will be a good progress report. 

Take it easy and you will be telling us how great things are this summer!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
Hey Big Daddy,

So glad to hear all went fine, good luck with the rehab.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

halfdone

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
Hey Steve, good to see you back.  Wishing you an easy ride from here.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
Glad to see your back. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery this time.  Good Luck !

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Re: Powerplate Use by BilateralRecerf
April 21, 2024, 10:34:10 AM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear