+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 13 Days Post-Op Update...  (Read 1644 times)

TiminParktonMD

13 Days Post-Op Update...
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:45:37 PM »
...recovery from my surgery is going great.  All of the previous groin pain from my arthritis is gone.  The strength in my right hip & leg improve each day.  I am able to walk (around the house) without crutches and nearly without a limp, although I still use one crutch for navigating my stairs.  Getting in and out of bed, chairs, etc. is a piece of cake.  Putting on socks, shoes, etc. is no fun.  I will continue to honor all of the hip precautions until my 5 week check up.  Finally, I have been cleared to return to work on February 1st and resume driving.  I cannot wait for Spring here in MD so I can return to all of those activities that caused me so much discomfort over the past 5 years -- bicycling, golfing, hiking, softball (this summer!), skiing (next winter!), etc.

I'll check back in after my 5 week check up. 

medgerton

Re: 13 Days Post-Op Update...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »
Great to hear your progress. I had my left hip done and I was able to drive 10 days after surgery. A good reason not to have a clutch. :)

Zephyr

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
Tim,

Thanks for your post,

Glad to hear all is going well. I am in the decision process but just haven't been able to pull the trigger, yet.

Zephyr

roosevelt heights

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »
I am scheduled for 2/8 in Seattle...needless to say Tim, I covet your results...I am both mentally and physically exhausted. I am in the worst shape of my life, and drained emotionally. Sounds crazy, but I am looking forward to post-op rehab !

mailmonkey

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
Thanks Tim, the more I hear stories like yours, the less I worry about tomorrow's op, thanks for sharing..

MM

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat