+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Surface Hippy from PA  (Read 1589 times)

hip twin

Surface Hippy from PA
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »
Hello from PA,
      What a great site! I am now beginning to enjoy my new hip now that I am entering my 14th week since my trip down to Columbia,SC. There have been moments when it feels like  my natural hip.  I just discovered speed walking and although it is not running, I can actually get my heart rate up a bit.  Does anyone have information about what one is looking for on an x-ray to see if new bone is forming around the implant? What can I expect in the upcoming months?

RTBiomet, UC-Gross/Webb
11/5/09

obxpelican

Surface Hippy from PA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 05:40:44 PM »
Hello from PA,
      What a great site! I am now beginning to enjoy my new hip now that I am entering my 14th week since my trip down to Columbia,SC. There have been moments when it feels like  my natural hip.  I just discovered speed walking and although it is not running, I can actually get my heart rate up a bit.  Does anyone have information about what one is looking for on an x-ray to see if new bone is forming around the implant? What can I expect in the upcoming months?

You can expect to have some aches and pains over the first 6 months, after that you seem to forget that you actually had surgery.

You cannot really see the bone forming on the femoral cap, that is happening inside.  As to the acetabular cup you can see at 6 months there probably won't be any gap between the cap and your hip socket.  Don't worry you picked one of America's top surgeon you should be fine.

A while back I posted on my recover, you can find it here: http://surfacehippy.info/hiptalk/index.php?topic=1055.msg6307#msg6307

Good luck to both of you.

Chuck

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Surface Hippy from PA
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Hi Hip Twin

Welcome to Hip Talk.

Glad you found your way here and really happy to hear things are going well for you.

Walking is really good for you - helps to build bone density and gets you back moving.  Many surgeons just recommend a lot of walking instead of any special PT.

I hope your recovery continues to go well for you.  Keep walking!

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat