+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: DR. Don P. Sanders  (Read 1951 times)

mike46

DR. Don P. Sanders
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
If anyone can help me here it would be appreciated. I am scheduled to get the birmingham procedure on both hips. my right will be done in July.  I am going to DR. Don P. Sanders in torrance. does anyone have any information on him, or any success stories you can share? i am 33 years old.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: DR. Don P. Sanders
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:50:14 PM »
Hi Mike

As I explained in previous posts, after doing my website for almost 5 years and reading hundreds and hundreds of personal stories and interview most of the expiernced hip resurfacing surgeons - Dr. Sanders is not a surgeon I have heard of.  Hip resurfacing is a very diffiuclt surgery and the most important point is to choose a surgoen that has done 500 resurfacings or much better yet - a 1000 or more.  There have been some problems with resurfacing and a lot of misplaced acetabular cups. This has most often been from the inexpeirnced surgeons.  The way to make sure you have the best outcome is to choose a really expiernced surgeon.  You can see them on my list  http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php  You can see the most expiernced surgeons near CA.  Most of us have not been able to use local surgeons since there are not that many - we traveled to get a resurfacing and have the best outcome we could.  Don't settle for a local orthopedic because he/she is close to you.  Ask how many resurfacings they have done.  If they won't tell you - run away from their office. Ask how many revisions and how many infections they have had of their resurfacings.  As for other patients phone numbers and talk to them.  

If you take time to read the revision stories and bad outcomes - you will normally find they are from the inexpeirnced surgeons.  So take your health into your own hands and contact the top surgoens, don't rely on locals.  If they are not really expeirnced, they also often just tend to switch to a THR during surgery if it looks diffiuclt.  That has happend a number of times and the patients are very upset.

Pat
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:50:46 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

mike46

Re: DR. Don P. Sanders
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
Quote from: john51 on November 23, 2009, 07:03:58 PM
thanks guys. appreciate the replies.

yes, i asked dr. sanders how many hip's he's done (over 400).

i've also researched my hip options to death, so i am confident in my decision.

i posted because i'm hoping to find some people with first-hand experience with dr. sanders here.

anyone?

it is probably 'overkill' on my part at this point. dr. sanders is well respected by doctors and his patients in our area. i have spoken to several people who had their hips resurfaced by him and i heard not one complaint. i guess i'm just too curious and had to ask here. ;-)

thanks again for the responses.

john

where is the research coming from. how can i get good information on the surgeon. i guess the only way is to ask him.  he is on the birmingham website as an expert. does that mean anything?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear