+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 weeks post op - IT band is sore  (Read 1893 times)

dougmint

4 weeks post op - IT band is sore
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
The IT band of my operated leg is super sore, even to the touch, just above the knee.  When my PT tries to massage my leg, I have to ask him to ease up in this area because it is so sore.  Anyone else have this after their surgery?

rickg

Re: 4 weeks post op - IT band is sore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »
Doug...my IT was sore also but not as bad as yours. I found myself rubbing it gently multiple times a day. I could hear my Mom saying when I was growing up and hurt myself..."Rub it". Mom was right. Six months post op now and it is not giving me pain but still a little sore when I rub my legs. I have had no PT but just saw Dr. Stocks, Houston, for my six week check. We agreed that I go see what the phiso says and then go back again in a few weeks. Can walk 2 miles without limping and generally feel preety good. Was able to tie my sneaker last week but then a few days ago pulled a back muscle bending over to tie the sneaker. Had to throttle back but listening to the body. Pool is 70 degrees here and have been walking in the pool. That feels the best.
LBHR March 10, 2010 Dr. Stocks Houston,TX

dougmint

Re: 4 weeks post op - IT band is sore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Had my 5 week check with my doc today.  He said everything looks good.  He said I can start riding my bike again, outside, in 2 weeks!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear