+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 10 months after my operation I have started to limp again  (Read 5748 times)

lesley

10 months after my operation I have started to limp again
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:31:34 PM »
I had my operation in January 2007 and all the pain was gone in the first few weeks. I got on very well until July but have since experienced pain around the joint and down my leg. The movement in the joint is fine but I do experience a  clicking sometimes. I swim twice a week and go to the gym and although the exercise helps I have now developed a limp. I think this is caused by tightness in the tendons but no amount of flexibility is helping.

Can anyone give any advice?

avid

Re: 10 months after my operation I have started to limp again
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
Lesley,

That is really disheartening. Have you had a checkup and an x-ray lately? Your doctor should have some kind of plan for getting you back to walking right again. Here's hoping for a solution. Anyone out there have any ideas?

avid

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 11:40:43 PM »
Hi Lesley

I would check with your surgeon and make sure everything in the hip is OK.  Then ask for his/her advice on what to do.

Hopefully, it is only a muscle problem. Although you swim, maybe you should try some of the stretches and exercises I did in the pool.  I did a lot of water walking and the following:
http://www.surfacehippy.info/poolexercises.php  Maybe just the swimming is not stretching and losening your muscles enough. 

I definitely am not medically trained in any way, so I am only guessing that maybe some other form of water therapy might help.  I think your best answer would come from your doctor.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Lila

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
Lesley,

I just read your post. What has happened since? Do you still limp? Are you still experiencing pain? Did your muscles/ligaments heal properly? Do you experience any numbness? Did you have a follow-up x-ray?

I struggled to get rid of my limp due to muscle weakness, even I though I too exercise regularly. My pain was mostly gone, but has since resumed and is increasing. I started a post today regarding muscle/ligament separation and pain more than a year after surgery so I am curious to know what your prognosis was.

I hope that every thing went well, but would like to know more about your story and recovery if you choose to share it.

Thanks!
Lila

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
Hi Lesley

A few people seem to have problems that linger or show up later in their recovery.  I am not medically trained and can only point you to some information.  I have a page about groin pain with a whole lot of info about people with lingering problems and their solutions.  It might help you  http://www.surfacehippy.info/groinpain.php

If not, I would contact my surgeon and get some input from him/her.  Maybe you need some special PT.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz