+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: MX Tested  (Read 17286 times)

B.I.L.L.

MX Tested
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »
Raced my first race with my new hip last sunday and am happy to report the hip felt strong and solid with no ill effects during or after. It's weird that riding in a car or sitting at a desk for hours bothers me way more than racing motocross ? Maybe it has something to do with the angle ? I don't know I'm just glad to be "back in the saddle" again so to speak 8)  I raced the over 50 novice class and went 5-4 for 4th overall. (out of 6 haha) but hey I beat 2 "regular" guys after not racing for almost 2 years so I am stoked about that. Have a ways to go on my fitness level, my cardio and legs felt pretty good but my arms are not used to mx yet.  A buddy took a picture.

stevel

Re: MX Tested
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:02:08 PM »
Hi Bill,

Glad to hear you are enjoying motocross.  I recal joking that your cup angle will be more suited for bronco busting (or motocross).  I thought about the angle because when they x-rayed my hip for a cross-table lateral, the device was on edge.  So since yours is on edge for a normal position, maybe it's aligned for a spread position.  Speaking of being "back in the saddle", do you date "fat" women? :D
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:13 PM »
Stevel, them and moped are the 2 things we don't want to be seen on.. ;) 

Bill..looking good!

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »
Cool photo Bill

Wayne-o
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

jbc

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
Hey Bill,

How long after surgery before you started riding again?  You stated two years since you had last raced, was that 2 years post-op?

I'm itching to get this surgery out of the way and get back to riding.

Thanks,
Joe

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:57:26 AM »
Hey Bill,

How long after surgery before you started riding again?  You stated two years since you had last raced, was that 2 years post-op?

I'm itching to get this surgery out of the way and get back to riding.

Thanks,
Joe

Hey Joe, Sorry no answer earlier, I just got my computer back on-line.  1st ride after surgery was at 6 months, I mostly trail rode ocotillo wells and then raced at about 1 yr. 8 months. I'm at 2 years and 5 months and have raced twice so far this year and it has felt great. I don;t even think about it when I ride or race now. Good luck ! 8)

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
Got my first win in the over 50 novice class last weekend. I went 2-3 (out of 10 guys) and got the overall win, Stoked !!!!
And I thought my trophy days were behind me, hahaha good stuff these bhrs 8)

halfdone

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 08:02:36 AM »
Did you get the special HRs with the built in shocks?  ;D

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:31 AM »
Did you get the special HRs with the built in shocks?  ;D

Haha yeah i got the full on factory suspension mxhr 2000 HD with teflon coating,  ;D

maxi

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"

cwmoto

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »
What do you guys think of some one racing desert with a hip resurfaced? Where there is long sections of whoops.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 05:20:51 AM »
What do you guys think of some one racing desert with a hip resurfaced? Where there is long sections of whoops.

I haven't ever raced a desert race but I have been on some 3-4 hour loops at ocotillo and did a pretty good ride a few weeks ago near wagon wheel ohv off trona road and went through what seemed like endless whoops. I know we were on a race route cause there were some ribbons left here and there and the whoops sucked ! haha. I don't think it would be any worse than the guys who go running with theirs :o   My biggest fear about riding with my fake ball joint is crashing in the rocks with it. My opinion about long whoop sections is that you should lean back and pin it  ;D

cwmoto

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »

My biggest fear about riding with my fake ball joint is crashing in the rocks with it. My opinion about long whoop sections is that you should lean back and pin it  ;D
   Ha, I guess   I  won't be throwing out those hip pads that come with riding pants anymore.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »

My biggest fear about riding with my fake ball joint is crashing in the rocks with it. My opinion about long whoop sections is that you should lean back and pin it  ;D
   Ha, I guess   I  won't be throwing out those hip pads that come with riding pants anymore.

Yeah no kidding, maybe even buy bigger pants and stack a couple up.

cwmoto

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 11:16:11 AM »
Mr. B.I.L.L. , It looks like your on a YZ 250. I believe will get another one of those  some day , so I kept a stash of parts that fit them. [ a lot of the  2 stroke yz parts fit a long range of years.] My current bike is a CRFX Honda 250 [wanted electric start for the right hip] Its a good play bike for trails , but too slow to race.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
Mr. B.I.L.L. , It looks like your on a YZ 250. I believe will get another one of those  some day , so I kept a stash of parts that fit them. [ a lot of the  2 stroke yz parts fit a long range of years.] My current bike is a CRFX Honda 250 [wanted electric start for the right hip] Its a good play bike for trails , but too slow to race.

It's my right hip too, I was thinking about a ktm300exc (with a button) during my recovery but it turns out I can throw my leg over the back fender, lift my foot up on the kickstarter and start it no problem, so I just hung onto my 05' yz.  There are a couple guys in the oldtimers that race X's cause they wanted "the button" ;D I belive they did a carb mod, a pipe and a "R" cam to get it more competitive. I can only afford one bike and the yz seems like the best do it all bike. We like to do alot of technical trail riding and I like the lightweight, easy to start non-overheating 2 stroke. I had issues with four strokes boiling over and coughing and stalling in slow technical sections. The yz just feels more like a toy, haha. Where are you located ? Next oldtimer race is june 12th at rem. Theres a guy with a thr in my class and theres all kinds of beat to shit dudes limping around the pits, racing and having a great time. Goodtimes!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:45:38 AM by B.I.L.L. »

cwmoto

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
"Where are you located ? Next oldtimer race is june 12th at rem."-- Hello! my laptop died , but now I'm back online. I live in Southern Oregon. Is "REM" near San Diego ? [I can look it up] I have  relatives in S.D..  I once read that "there is old riders and there is  bold riders, but no "old and  bold", riders that don't walk funny!" My doctor doesn't want me doing any high impact sport until a year after surgery, that would mean 4/2012. I had a kickstart 300 KTM in the past , the motor was really about perfect, with more power in the low rpm  than the YZ250, for slow technical climbs. The KTM was about the same as the YZ from mid-up.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »
"REM" is the back track at Glen Helen. They have races almost every saturday with classes for all. And yeah I'm "old", not "bold" Hahaha. I'm just happy to still be riding 8)

elzealves

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
I am 34 year old rider of FMXSpirit.com team (Freestyle motocross)
Last year i cannot walk properly but I did one show.
Because of a Kitesurf accidente 5 years ago, now i have to do a Hip replacement.
Should go for Smith and nephew Oxiunium on XLPE (not metal, not ceramic).
For extreme sports (kite, wake, snow, fmx) how long should i recover ? 6 months, 1 year or never again ?

elzealves

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 07:24:18 PM »
Foto of one pratice over Dannys camp

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM