+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 12 Day's Post Surgey  (Read 1578 times)

tcarroll

12 Day's Post Surgey
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »
Well it's been 12 day's since surgery now.Got my staples out yesterday 33 of them.Doing pretty good,still using a walker.Pain is just about gone.Doing my PT exercises daily and walking also.Starting to sleep better at night.I just got to thank The Good Lord for getting me through this and Pray daily to him.

Tim

pfhuntley

Re: 12 Day's Post Surgey
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
Hi,

I am 8 days post op. I am on the walker yet also. Lots of pain and tenderness when I stand and walk or move, but I can definitely feel my hip getting stronger with each day. I am doing the PT exercises 2 times per day. The only one that I can't seem to do yet, is the leg out to the side one, without help that is. It will come. I was hoping to get up the day after surgery, and walk a lot, but I knew that was wishful thinking. However, I know that day is coming, with time.

I have heard to take my time and do not try to do too much too soon. I am not very patient with myself and want my hip to be healed already. I read stories where people are saying they have no pain, are walking etc without canes even at a couple days post op. I do not think they are, just by what I have been experiencing, I don't think they can be. Maybe it is just me, but I think it all takes time to get the muscle and hip strength back to or where it should be and a couple days is not long enough.

Good luck to you, and please keep me informed on your progress and I will do the same.

Have a great rest of the week!

~Paulette

tcarroll

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
Hi,

Well glad to hear you are doing well.I am taking it slow.I am on my 4th week post surgery.I went to out patient PT on 6/2 and i started a few new exercises.I am still on walker,although they did start me using a cane but not 100%.I am doing better,starting to sleep a bit more.Not a whole lot of pain.

Tim

jay

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:17:16 PM »
I am starting day 5 and all is pretty good. I am using one crutch and have a little swelling on my inner thigh. Drove to the grocery store when I got back I thought I was pushing it a little. But it was not that difficult! I am guess I am lucky! I had mine done in South Carolina and this man is a master and on top of that he is a nice guy!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat