+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Info on Dr Schmalzried in Los Angeles  (Read 2454 times)

silvercat

Info on Dr Schmalzried in Los Angeles
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
I have contacted the office of Dr Amstutz in Los Angeles because he has over 1300 surgerys but I was referred to Dr Schmalzried (500 +)   Does anyone have any experience with this group and particularly Dr Schmalzried.  I was quoted $24900 for everything.  I need the second hip also done within the next 12 months I believe.  They were the first I contacted and since I see what "everything" means in Belgium and India I need to recontact for exact details.  For know I need the Dr info.

Thanks

ginnie

Re: Info on Dr Schmalzried in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
He will be doing my surgery on the 28th of june .. dr amstutz did my first one.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Info on Dr Schmalzried in Los Angeles
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
Hi

Dr. Schmalzried is an excellent surgeon. He and Dr. Mont put on the Hip Resurfacing courses to teach other surgeons about hip resurfacing.

He is, however, very conservative in choosing his patients.  Normallly does not like doing older women or men. He will look at each person on an individual basis.  If you feel you want a resurfacing and he does not want to do one, you can contact several other surgeons like Dr. Ure in CA, Dr. Rogerson in WI, Dr. Gross in SC, Dr. Su in NY and the overseas surgeons.  Dr. De Smet of Belgium, Dr. Bose of India and Dr. Gross of SC will give you free consultations as to whether you are a good candidate or not if you send them an email and attach your x-rays in a digital format as a .jpg   Dr. Gross will actually call you.

That will be a way to find out should Dr. Schmalzried not want to give you a resurfacing.  There is some leeway in how the top surgeons feel about who is the best candidate.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat