+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blue Cross/Blue Shield Meeting to consider NOT covering Hip Resurfacing  (Read 2713 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Dr. Schmalzried sent me the following email:

Blue Cross of California is conducting a forum to discuss a coverage decision on hip resurfacing.  The criteria for the "data" that they consider acceptable has a number of limitations.  Blue Cross has recently come under fire for large rate hikes - now there is the potential for a reduction in services. 
I just found out about this last Wednesday and the forum is this Wednesday, June 2,  in Los Angeles - but I will not be able to attend due to my surgery schedule.  I am trying to increase patient / public awareness of this pending issue.  Would be great to have some patients / prospective patients turn up at the forum.

Here is a link to the technology forum.  It will be at the Luxe Hotel on Sunset Blvd. in L.A. this Wednesday.  It would be great to have patient / public showing.  I appreciate your support.  Best wishes. Dr. Schmalzried

http://www.ctaf.org/content/calendar/detail/1048
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

stephen

WOW! Maybe I just got mine done in time

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
As I understand, Dr. Amstutz addressed the people at this meeting and they have reconsidered covering hip resurfacing.

Vicky Marlow, patient advocate, posted the following note on June 3, 2010 on Yahoo Surfacehippy:

"AWESOME news!!  Dr. Amstutz ROCKS!!  Looks like he kicked some serious CTAF butt yesterday, so much that they CHANGED Their recommendation, something that rarely happens!  I will try to post more details later.  But it looks like resurfacing WILL still be a recommended option for patients under age 65 as long as they go to an experienced resurfacing surgeon." 
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ginnie

Nice !! Amstutz did my right .. .Schmalzried is doing my left on the 28th !

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat